Thread: Motorsports Reg. And Hagerty

My Cars
    99 M3

Motorsports Reg. And Hagerty

Looks like Hagerty bought MS Reg.

http://blog.motorsportreg.com/hello-...8#.XLfl5RZlDYU

My Cars
    70's p-cars
    First, let me say I think Hagerty is one of the great partners for the auto and motorsports hobbies. I see them at lots of events I personally go to and they do a lot to support events. I applaud them for that.

But, hypothetically speaking, let's say you're a Hagerty insured, and you decide to sign up for a DE that's listed on MSR with a street car that's insured with Hagerty. They decide to use the MSR data to mine for current insureds who participate in DE's and as a result they discover your participation, decide you present a greater risk and bump your rates or drop your coverage altogether. Before MSR purchase they couldn't do that. Now they can. Is this ok, or are they getting too close to being the fox in charge of the hen house, so to speak...

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    You realize that Hagerty insures cars for track days and even SCCA Time Trials...? It's much more likely that they will make it attempt to upsell you to protect the car on track. I've had a great deal of experience with Hagerty in the last 6 months and I can tell you that they are an organization that 100% understands the car culture of people who not only collect cars, but also use them on tracks or at autocrosses.

There is nothing about their organization that would concern me in the same way a traditional car insurance that provides State mandated coverage would.