Thread: New 6 series owner

My Cars
    2007 650i coupe

New 6 series owner

Well, I'm back. Sold my 840 couple years ago and thought I wanted a Challenger so I bought a new SRT 392 6 speed Challenger. It was very fast and I liked it but I missed my BMW's so I sold the Challenger last week and picked up a 2007 650i. I drove it back home from Indiana (5 hours ) today. Drove super , runs good but it has one problem,, the idrive doesn't work. The screen comes on and I can switch between the modes( intertainment, nav, communications and climate ) but that's it the up and down motion works but not the rotary part and I have no sound, can't do anything basically. I have no experience with this i drive what so ever so please someone help me out on this. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Glad to be back.

My Cars
    650i, E350
    Sounds like you may need to replace the rotary knob assembly. I have no experience with that... but surely someone here does!
    Is yours a convertible?
    Welcome back and good luck.

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    if the sound is out it could be the HD antenna in the trunk. Its in the left side of the trunk under the paneling. Its the bottom one of the three. You can just jump it and you will have sound again.

I live in Indiana (Indianapolis) where did you get your car? Specs on it? Photos?

Welcome.
    1995 Mazda RX-7 Feed Widebody LS3 6-speed (Toy, project)
    2010 Cadillac Escalade Luxury (Daily, Pulls my 18' car hauler)
    2014 BMW 328d XDrive (Wife's Daily)
    Have owned 4 other BWM's I no longer have.

My Cars
    2007 650i coupe
    I bought it in Sheridan. Not far from Indy. maybe 25-30 miles? Little one guy European auto lot.He has Mercedes, Porsche,BMW's and others, mostly Porsche.

I think it's just a base 650i, haven't learned a lot about it yet, getting tires tomorrow, fixed the loose door panels today, polished the headlight lenses, changed the oil and filter.
    The problems it has are :; drivers window only goes up or down inch at a time, have to push the button 50 times to get the window down or up.
    The idrive comes on, but has no sound , can select what i want as far as entertainment, nav, communications and climate but thats far as it will go. tried the hard reset ,, no go. The guy told me he thought the CCC was bad.
    Needs a thermostat, he included a new one.
    Air cond doesn't cool, sounds to me like the compressor bearings are just about to go, I'll ut in a new one and charge it.
    Just needs a good cleaning.
    It seems to run good and drives nice except for needing new tires, paint is nice, interior is nice also ,just dirty.
    I just bought it for a daily driver car so I don't have to put a bunch of miles on my new truck.

My Cars
    650i, E350
    If it is the CCC, here is a link to a reprair service....http://www.bmwlogicseven.com/?page_id=4123.

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    sounds like you have your work cut out for you but shouldn't be too bad.

I have an extra set of the Silver interior trim if you need any of those parts.

My Cars
    2007 650i coupe
    I got the sound working. There was a missing factory installed MOST jumper behind the glovebox. Not sure why anyone would have removed it but they did for some reason. The missing jumper opened the MOST circuit and stopped the CCC from getting a return signal. The control wheel still is working iffy but everything else works now. I have a stereo and all other functions.If any of the modules fail the MOST circuit is broken and nothing works.

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    good find.

My Cars
    2007 650i coupe
    Everything works except the idrive controller rotation doesn't work right. You have to spin it 30 times to get it to move the curser one place. The press part works ok as does the left ,right,forward and back, just the rotating part is not working right. My question ,, if I buy another idrive controller will it have to be coded? if so I have been researching how to code using NCS expert and would like to try it myself but what module is the idrive controller in? I already tried cleaning it with contact cleaner and that didn't work. Any coding experts out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venom13132 View Post
    sounds like you have your work cut out for you but shouldn't be too bad.

I have an extra set of the Silver interior trim if you need any of those parts.
    Thanks but mine has the woodgrain trim and it's in pretty good shape.