Thread: 93 e36 won't start, no power to fuel pump fuse.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 3 Series sedan

93 e36 won't start, no power to fuel pump fuse.

Need Help!!! Couple weeks ago car was running fine, last weeks was getting ready to go work and didnt want to start. Next day before work i tried to start the car again but again same result. Car sounds like it want to turn over but no spark. I checked for the fuel pump fuse. Got a fuse checker and checked,no power. Iam not sure what else to do or check. Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    When cranking over the engine the fuel pump only receives power for 1 second, so it is a brief prime, this is to prevent flooding the engine.

It will take several minutes before cranking again for the computer to energize the fuel pump. If its quite outside and you listen carefully you should be able to hear the pump run. If not, you can remove the fuel pump relay and manually turn it on. Do not try to start the car when doing this. If you find that the pump does not run when turning on the ignition but does run when manually energizing it then the culprit is most likely the cam sensor.
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    1993 BMW 3 Series sedan
    [QUOTE=Eric93se;30243466]When cranking over the engine the fuel pump only receives power for 1 second, so it is a brief prime, this is to prevent flooding the engine.

It will take several minutes before cranking again for the computer to energize the fuel pump. If its quite outside and you listen carefully you should be able to hear the pump run. If not, you can remove the fuel pump relay and manually turn it on. Do not try to start the car when doing this. If you find that the pump does not run when turning on the

I have tried manually turning on the FP and I can hear fluid noise in the engine area, also I checked the fuse when i jumped the relay and the fuse had power. I'll order the sensor and hopefully I get some good results. Thanks.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    We usually tell people to buy an OEM sensor when it comes to the cam sensor. Usually its VDO/siemens.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    1997 328i
    A lot of different brands out there for your sensor. Rockauto, rmeuopean, pelicanparts, fcpgroton. Pelicanparts has the genuin bmw part for $100, ships free. I would get the Bremi brand from Rmeuopean, don't forget to get a new o-ring with it.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 3 Series sedan
    Yeah I got a "genuinebmw" from ECS tuning.... gets here Saturday with O ring. Hopefully install is not that hard.