Thread: 09 E93 Convertible Not Locking

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i Convertibl

09 E93 Convertible Not Locking

I am about to blow up my 09 328i. The convertible top will not function. It got stuck mid-cycle and the convertible button started flashing red. A little background:
    Starter went out on car. I replaced that, no problem. Two weeks later, I received a battery discharge on the dash. Didn't get a chance to program battery. Wife took the car to the dog park, decided it was nice out and went to put the top down on the way home. Top stopped mid cycle. Wife drove it home with top stuck mid cycle. Between the bitter cold, rain, etc., I have not had much time to look at it. i-Drive is saying top is not locked into place. I have no movement at all to the top. Windows are non-responsive. Here is what is currently happening:
    1. Greased all hinge points.
    2. Replaced salmon relays...no change.
    3. Scanned codes and got:
    A689 - Hall Sensor, Roof Package erected
    A68C - Hall sensor, roof shell 2, packed
    A68D - Microswitch, roof shell 2 closed, right
    A690 - Microswitch, rear-end module closed, left
    A693 - Microswitch, roof pack stowed
    A68E - Microswitch, cowl panel locked
    A68F - Microswitch, cowl panel unlocked
    A694 - Microswitch, 'cowl panel reached'
    4. Removed all of the rear interior to check alignment of the top with the locking mechanisms...they are dead on.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Anything? What am I missing? I am so frustrated...and my wife is even more frustrated. Dealership is out.
    Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    I'm following, as I'm guessing one day I'll have similar.

We need a step by step of sequence and codes, and possible reasons it would prevent actuation.

My Cars
    N54 135i E88
    bump any fixes here?

My Cars
    ‘97 E36 'vert, ‘08 E93
    I also have an e93 and have an e36 convertible. I’ll assume that there is a manual release hinge for the top which enables you to close the thing in case this exact issue happens. I know that with my e36 there is a release hinge under the back seat drivers side which unhinges the motor, then the top moves freely.

On the e93 it’s NOT in that location. But there has to be a motor release for the e93 somewhere.

Now, I also know that the convertible tops recalibrate themselves every 10 open/close cycles.

When I have this problem with my e36, I manually open the top. Then reconnect the motor mechanism in the trunk. Then I have someone push down on the compartment cover, forcing it to the close position. While doing that I hold down the convertible button in the close position. The motors engage, the cover tightens and then proceeds to fully close, joining with the windshield. Reset is done.

Look on YouTube for manual reset of e93. Or something like that. I bet this will sort you out...I’ll see what I can find and post it back here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    BMW 335i e93 2010
    [QUOTE=Quilzilver01;30239917]I am about to blow up my 09 328i. The convertible top will not function. It got stuck mid-cycle and the convertible button started flashing red. A little background:
    Starter went out on car. I replaced that, no problem. Two weeks later, I received a battery discharge on the dash. Didn't get a chance to program battery. Wife took the car to the dog park, decided it was nice out and went to put the top down on the way home. Top stopped mid cycle. Wife drove it home with top stuck mid cycle. Between the bitter cold, rain, etc., I have not had much time to look at it. i-Drive is saying top is not locked into place. I have no movement at all to the top. Windows are non-responsive. Here is what is currently happening:
    1. Greased all hinge points.
    2. Replaced salmon relays...no change.
    3. Scanned codes and got:
    A689 - Hall Sensor, Roof Package erected
    A68C - Hall sensor, roof shell 2, packed
    A68D - Microswitch, roof shell 2 closed, right
    A690 - Microswitch, rear-end module closed, left
    A693 - Microswitch, roof pack stowed
    A68E - Microswitch, cowl panel locked
    A68F - Microswitch, cowl panel unlocked
    A694 - Microswitch, 'cowl panel reached'
    [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]4. Removed all of the rear interior to check alignment of the top with the locking mechanisms...they are dead on.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Anything? What am I missing? I am so frustrated...and my wife is even more frustrated. Did you fix it ?