Thread: K-Mac Stage 2 Caster Camber Adjustment Plates

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740il

K-Mac Stage 2 Caster Camber Adjustment Plates

Hi Everyone,

Me and my mechanic were attempting to install K-Mac Stage 2 Caster Camber Adjustment Plates on my 1998 740il today. We were unable to figure out from the bare bones instructions how it would fit with the spring plate. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link to the exact kit I have.

https://k-mac.com/product/bmw-e38e39...e-193616-2l-3/

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740il
    If I can get any guidance with a specific area of concern, I would appreciate it. Attached below is a link to a youtube video by Bav Auto where they happen to be showing the setup of a K-Mac caster/camber stage 2 kit with Bilstein shocks. This is essentially the same parts I have, other than that my parts are sized for an e38. If you skip to the 4:50 second mark the video shows assembly of the suspension. It seems to me that the video is showing the K-Mac kit is held above the spring plate with washers and is not making direct contact with the rubber of the spring plate. Am I correct in that observation and if so doesn't that seem problematic to have metal on metal there? I assumed before purchase that the kit would fit directly into the spring plate but with the rubber "coil seat" they include is too large to fit into spring plate and too small to entirely replace the spring plate and fit into the spring directly. I've reached out to K-Mac but there seems to be some confusion as to what my situation is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eweb6YV-5s

My Cars
    2001 750il Chrome line
    I have stage one plates so I reused my spring plates. The top plate and shaped washers install on top of the strut tower. It should be the spring plate, the lower half held on with the strut nut and then the three bolts go into the strut tower put the special washers on and then the top adjustment plate. The lower adjustment half and spring plate are metal on metal, they should not move.
    01' 750il Chromeline
    95 M3 LS swapped
    07 M5 Manual
    06' M5, Spartan wheels and a 507hp V10
    00' 740il Dinan, CAI, Romulus exhaust, Stage 5 engine and transmission tune, 750 brakes, camber plates, strut tower brace. Sold
    00' 323i wagon for daughter
    03' 525i wagon for the wife, sold
    98' 740i for the daughter, wrecked
    92' 525i with over 200k, wrecked
    02' R1200 CLC, hit by a bus and broken in half. That one made the news!
    It's like herpes there is no cure but if treated properly you can live with it for the rest of your life