Thread: Incomplete ECU list in NCS Expert

My Cars
    2001 330i

Incomplete ECU list in NCS Expert

Hi guys, first time posting but I've got a lot of great advice here in the past. I've been searching for days, but I can't find any mention of my problem anywhere online. Hope someone can help.

I replaced my ABS module on my 2001 RWD 330i manual. That went fine. Next, I went into INPA and activated the ABS pump with no problems. INPA displays all the module's information.

Here's the problem: I went in through NCS Expert to re-code the module (which is from another car) to my VIN. NCS Expert had no trouble reading my car's data, or re-coding other modules like the lights and radio. But my ABS module simply doesn't show up in the "choose ECU" list.

The closest thing I can see in the available options is ASC, but I believe that's a different module entirely. I tried re-coding it anyway, but it had no effect on the ABS (which I believe is a MK20). So what am I doing wrong? What are my options for troubleshooting? I'm at a dead-end, so any advice is appreciated.

TL;dr - INPA can see and activate the ABS module, but NCS Expert can't see it at all despite seeing other ECUs just fine.

Thanks!
    Last edited by shyoobox; 04-08-2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: additional info