Thread: Azev Wheels

My Cars
    E30 318i

Azev Wheels

Hi guys,

Just got myself a set Azev wheels for my E30 sedan. It is a 17x8.5 ET13. I think it's a 5 series spec. Why this wheel? Coz first of all I like the design and, personally, I think they suit E30. And also they are pretty affordable. This one is new old stock item.

But I think I'm gonna run in a bit of trouble. Looking at the spec 17x8.5 ET13, do you think I can fit these without widebody?? I dont mind massaging the fenders since my car needs a paint job. Any suggestions and opinion?

Thanks

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    I know on 15x8 et0, I had to roll the fender lips to smooth the inner ridge and it still rubbed on hard bumps in the back. you are only going in about .5 inch from what I had, but your rim is .5 inch wider, so I imagine it will need rolling and will hit on bumps, also
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    E30 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by superj View Post
    I know on 15x8 et0, I had to roll the fender lips to smooth the inner ridge and it still rubbed on hard bumps in the back. you are only going in about .5 inch from what I had, but your rim is .5 inch wider, so I imagine it will need rolling and will hit on bumps, also
    Not to forget, my wheels are taller as well.. Hopefully I can get em on without much mods to the body

My Cars
    1991 BMW 318iC
    When I first upgraded to 17x8.5 wheels square on my vert with H&R Sport/bilstein sport combo and 215/45 tires they rubbed in the back with passenger. I rolled the fenders and it went away. In trying to square up the sidewalIs and eliminate stretch, I went to 225/45 tire. The rub came back with a passenger and/or very hard bumps so I added E36 spring pads in the back and it went away. The pads added some rake at first but they settled just right for me. The pads also seemed to improve the front end grip. After the springs settled into the pads , it only rubs on very hard bumps and it just skims the tire for a second. Before the pads it sounded like my rear fender was going to rip off. My main problem now is the front wear at the outer edge of the tires from hard turns. So 215/45 is probably the most tire you can run in the front. The stretch from the 215 is just about perfect to prevent the uneven wear. I may experiment with an equivalent 40 or 35 series tire or just go back to the 215/45s all around.

Bryon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My Cars
    E30 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by DjMossM42 View Post
    When I first upgraded to 17x8.5 wheels square on my vert with H&R Sport/bilstein sport combo and 215/45 tires they rubbed in the back with passenger. I rolled the fenders and it went away. In trying to square up the sidewalIs and eliminate stretch, I went to 225/45 tire. The rub came back with a passenger and/or very hard bumps so I added E36 spring pads in the back and it went away. The pads added some rake at first but they settled just right for me. The pads also seemed to improve the front end grip. After the springs settled into the pads , it only rubs on very hard bumps and it just skims the tire for a second. Before the pads it sounded like my rear fender was going to rip off. My main problem now is the front wear at the outer edge of the tires from hard turns. So 215/45 is probably the most tire you can run in the front. The stretch from the 215 is just about perfect to prevent the uneven wear. I may experiment with an equivalent 40 or 35 series tire or just go back to the 215/45s all around.

Bryon

Thanks for your reply.

What is the offset of your wheels? I think I'm gonna use 215/40. I fancy a bit of stretch. Not too much tho

My Cars
    1991 BMW 318iC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon.stt View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

What is the offset of your wheels? I think I'm gonna use 215/40. I fancy a bit of stretch. Not too much tho

No problem, they are ET20 and I have 5mm spacers up front. Good luck and looking forward to some pics

My Cars
    E30 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by DjMossM42 View Post

Bryon

What about the front? I have rolled all fpur of my fenders now. Rolled it to the max