Thread: don't know what to try

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i

don't know what to try

Can anyone help, I have a 2009 135i the battery went dead all of a sudden. I charged the battery and now i have no throttle. Both engine lights are on. Also when I start the idle is rough and will stall

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Modern cars are rolling computers. Whacky voltages cause whacky issues. Your battery was permanently damaged when it was discharged. How old is the battery? If it’s more than 3 years old it’s time fir a new battery. Also, have the alternator tested. If it’s not putting out the correct voltage its voltage regulator is likely bad. It’s far cheaper (depending on the brand of alternator) to replace the voltage regulator than the entire alternator. However, if the alternator needs replacing do not buy an alternator from an auto parts store. Buy either a new alternator made by the same manufacturer as the original alternator or a rebuilt alternator that was rebuilt by the manufacturer.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    Thanks I put a new battery in today but no change. When I was in the car I could hear something drawing power from behind the radio. I removed the negative wire from the battery. For all I know the battery was original.
    Last edited by rsplane; 04-05-2019 at 06:37 PM.