My Cars
    2006 BMW X5 3.0d

Question 4A62 No Crank No Start E53 INPA Pics

Hello everyone,
    I'm a long time lurker here and appreciate the knowledge and experience that is shared here and Xoutpost. I bought my 2006 X5 3.0d back in 2017. I finally came across an issue I need some extra help with.

I go back and forth between the United States and Panamá. This last time I was away from Panamá for several months longer than I expected to be. While I was away my battery died and my wife charged it and took it for a spin. (she usually doesn't drive it) The next time she tried to drive the car it was dead so unfortunately she removed the battery and charged it but when she put it back in it was a No Crank No Start. Im not sure if the charger was hooked up while the start was attempted, I assume it was, and may be the origin of these issues.

All lights came on, no dimming, no clicks and the fuel pump runs. She said the battery was fully charged, how many amps, I don't know. Its currently around 11.5 to 12 amps I have it on the charger direct to the battery but I am seeing that may be a mistake in itself?

While I was still away I ordered a K+DCAN cable and started looking into how to DL INPA etc. I'm on a MAC but I used Parallels Desktop to boot Windows XP and Mikes Easy BMW Tools installed cable drivers, COM1, latency 1 etc .

When I hooked INPA to the car I saw the 4A62 EWS Manipulation code and I was hoping I could just reset the scroll. But when I went to reset I would get the IFH-0009 error. I would get this error only on the reset. I could always see what I am sharing in the pictures. So I thought maybe I have the wrong INPA or did something wrong so I DL'd the file Bimmergeeks share on their website. Same thing. Tried different drivers for the cable. All the same.

From what I can tell it appears my keys are sending signal. I have 2 remote keys. One is in pieces (PO tried to change battery) but still started the car when I bought it. INPA appears to confirm my assumption That the key is fine. (see pics)

I have not cleared any codes yet. Should I try that?

*I am having problems seeing the photos on mobile click the pic or heres the link: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/pa...0/library/inpa

Last edited by Panamamike00; 04-05-2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: I didnt see the pics on mobile, more info to title

My Cars
    2006 BMW X5 3.0d
    *small update* With the help of GearGrinder I found that latency was indeed at 16 it must have changed when i changed drivers but I didnt look because the COM1 didnt change. Always double check if things are working. unfortunately this hasnt solved my IFH-0009. Still working on it

screenshots are here: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/pa...0/library/inpa

My Cars
    2006 BMW X5 3.0d
    20190530_202040.jpg
    Does this look normal?