Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on installing Dinan Supercharger M3

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    He put the fan on the inside of the mishi bracket rather than the outside. You don’t need the bracket to do this. Just ziptie the fan to the core or use standard fan bracket extensions to reach the upper and lower core flanges. I have done both methods over the years. The only reason the mishi bracket would be of the slightest interest to me is that it mounts the expansion tank that is currently mounted in the factory shroud. But I use a Euro high mount self bleeding tank so I don’t need that feature.

My Cars
    E36 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    He put the fan on the inside of the mishi bracket rather than the outside. You don’t need the bracket to do this. Just ziptie the fan to the core or use standard fan bracket extensions to reach the upper and lower core flanges. I have done both methods over the years. The only reason the mishi bracket would be of the slightest interest to me is that it mounts the expansion tank that is currently mounted in the factory shroud. But I use a Euro high mount self bleeding tank so I don’t need that feature.
    Yep, more or less. I had to grind the hole in the bracket bigger. This was actually a pain in the ass, but worked well enough. I am left with only 1/8" between the core and fan. As pbonsalb mentioned, you could just skip the shroud... Did not know that when I bought it.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Hey guys!

I'm looking into tuning.

One question. If I get a tune, will I still pass smog?

Will the tune tell the computer that I have a tune and it will fail it for smog?

I will either do a mail in tune or have a shop tune it?

Just got my v-2 Supercharger upgraded to the Si today.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue Coupe 5spd.
    GC 2 way adjust Coilovers.
    TMS adj trailing arms in rear.
    Racing Dynamics Front strut bar.
    Eibach Front swaybar
    UUC Lightweight Flywheel. UUC SSK.
    Depo Glass with HIDs

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Anybody have any experience?

Eibach Front swaybar
    Depo Glass with HIDs

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    With a tune designed to simulate rear 02, you will pass an OBD2 plug in but not a tailpipe sniffer. To pass a tailpipe sniffer, you need cats and a tune designed to pass. People have done it.

If you are in a CARB area, you need a CARB sticker and cats.

My Cars
    E36 325is
    I am choosing a more difficult and annoying smog method. It goes like this, I have a good working M52 converted to OBD1. If it passes smog I will keep this motor as my smog engine, and build another motor for forced induction. Every two years I will swap the smog motor in and run that for a few months while I tear down and inspect the turbo motor. This is a tremendous pain in the ass way to do things, but, since I have a spare transmission as well... It makes the whole procedure a bit smoother. Think about this for a second, how much did you spend on the supercharger? $3000?$4000? More? If you go to craigslist you can find a working motor for $500 to build. Welcome to CA, where if you want to have a modified car you need an entire spare drive train or "Know a guy". I personally believe we should lobby to make hemp ethanol E85 as a mainstay fuel and remove the smog laws altogether. On the topic of smog, hemp ethanol requires much less energy to produce than corn based ethanol and is much closer to carbon neutral. If they provided the fuel we want, we would not need to be regulated.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    With a tune designed to simulate rear 02, you will pass an OBD2 plug in but not a tailpipe sniffer. To pass a tailpipe sniffer, you need cats and a tune designed to pass. People have done it.

If you are in a CARB area, you need a CARB sticker and cats.
    Ok. Yes I do want to have cats and pass smog. I like the idea that I can have power and obey the rules. I'll have to shop around and see what tuners will set it up so I can pass.

Eibach Front swaybar
    Depo Glass with HIDs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12