Thread: Can't get into 'service reset mode'

My Cars
    2007 BMW 120i E87

Can't get into 'service reset mode'

I have previously had little problem setting service interval/resetting service lights etc with the 'ignition on, press trip reset for 10 seconds thing'.

Did my oil change today and cannot seem to get into the service menu using that procedure. This is a non-i drive vehicle.

The process seems to take me to the cluster diagnostics menu..the one which lets you do the KI cluster test...and not the service menu...

What am I doing wrong here? The only thing I can think is that perhaps it isn't possible to enter the service menu when there isn't a 'tripped' service interval item?

My Cars
    2000 e38
    Took my E38 to dealer. They claim they could not reset service interval. Any suggestions? If the dealer can’t no one can?

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Are you going through the procedure with the driver's door closed? I seem to remember that it won't work if it's open....

Quote Originally Posted by kneecaps View Post
    I have previously had little problem setting service interval/resetting service lights etc with the 'ignition on, press trip reset for 10 seconds thing'.

Did my oil change today and cannot seem to get into the service menu using that procedure. This is a non-i drive vehicle.

The process seems to take me to the cluster diagnostics menu..the one which lets you do the KI cluster test...and not the service menu...

What am I doing wrong here? The only thing I can think is that perhaps it isn't possible to enter the service menu when there isn't a 'tripped' service interval item?