Thread: Re-Colored my leather seats & interior 2004 Z4

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4

Re-Colored my leather seats & interior 2004 Z4

My Z4 came with a Black Sapphire exterior and with an all beige interior which I felt was kind of sterile. In 2004 another standard interior color was Dream Red which I like, however I feel like an all red interior is too much red. So, I decided to do a two tone interior with beige and red. This is the first time I have ever colored leather. I also had a few minor repairs to do on the leather before starting the coloring. I think it came out pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2004 Z4, 1700 Nomad MC
    Looks great. Curious on the method and materials you used to recolour the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4
    I used colorant, cleaner and sealant from a company called the Furniture Clinic. They have a web site. https://www.furnitureclinic.com/. They sell supplies for repairing and finishing leather auto, home and clothing leather. I used them as I heard good things about them and for the fact that they have the original color for BMW automobiles and some other car brands as well. I wanted to use actual BMW colors used on the 2004 Z4 and they have it, no mixing required etc. The furniture clinic is located in England and they ship free for any order over $25. and they ship via Fed Ex and I normally received my supplies in about one week from order. I ordered the Oregon beige color so I could freshen up my beige color and I also ordered the Dream Red so I could re-color part of the seat and trim with that color.

If you google leather coloring you will find several companies that supply leather dye etc. however I think the Furniture Clinic is the only one that will supply the original BMW color.

My Cars
    03 Z4 Sport 3.0
    Looks great.

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Z4 2004 View Post
    I used colorant, cleaner and sealant from a company called the Furniture Clinic. They have a web site. https://www.furnitureclinic.com/. They sell supplies for repairing and finishing leather auto, home and clothing leather. I used them as I heard good things about them and for the fact that they have the original color for BMW automobiles and some other car brands as well. I wanted to use actual BMW colors used on the 2004 Z4 and they have it, no mixing required etc. The furniture clinic is located in England and they ship free for any order over $25. and they ship via Fed Ex and I normally received my supplies in about one week from order. I ordered the Oregon beige color so I could freshen up my beige color and I also ordered the Dream Red so I could re-color part of the seat and trim with that color.

If you google leather coloring you will find several companies that supply leather dye etc. however I think the Furniture Clinic is the only one that will supply the original BMW color.
    Looks really neat. Do you have previous experience with this process? It would be great if you could detail how you did it.

My Cars
    e36 325i, e85 Z4
    I like it! Very 1960's sports car-like.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    I too have an 03 Sapphire Black with Oregon Beige. I would just like to touch up the worn edge on the driver's side. The previous owner was rubbing the leather so bad it's faded and worned only in that one place. Ideally I would like to have had a complete red interior from the factory. It looks so much better.