Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Interest in a fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution?

My Cars
    2001 750iL DD74441
    Plus he has the new twins and other kiddos.
    Last I talked with him he was working through everything but like a one-legged man in a kicking contest.

2001 750iL DD74441
    E65 fan & clutch, E65 headrests, Front First Aid Kit, Ultimate Cup holder

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
    Stock

RIP: 2003 540iA Sport GS56111
    H&R front springs, Ultimate Cup Holder, Euro Dash & Armrest, Grom, BavSound Stage1

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngryBear View Post
    Last I talked with him he was working through everything but like a one-legged man in a kicking contest.

2001 750iL DD74441

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
    Stock

H&R front springs, Ultimate Cup Holder, Euro Dash & Armrest, Grom, BavSound Stage1
    Quote Originally Posted by archieafroz View Post
    I understand your frustration but I believe and have read it previously that it's a one man operation. He usually responds pretty quickly from what I have seen in the past. Give him sometime. He will definitely get back to this thread.

Archie
    I'm just being antsy for no reason lol. Much props to him for pulling off such a slick product with youngins!

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
    My BlueBus installation uses the SES connector plug. No fiddling around with having to jumper pins. It just works.
    This is the case for all U.S. spec 2000/2001 (LCI?) E38s

Ted - Github shows you were working on version 1.1.16 recently; can you put your latest firmware release on GitHub? That would help those of us that don't have a development environment for BlueBus to stay up-to-date.
    https://www.bluebus.dev/software -- Here you go. It begins at 1.1.14 because everyone should be at that version as a base (unless you didn't send the unit in for recall, for some reason).

Be careful though; while that version may be perfectly fine, Ted may be making some changes to assist with tracking down an issue
    Sage advice -- Any firmware I post with a revision past minor (meaning 1.1.16.1 vs 1.1.16) is an incremental update with some specific change added to address a bug or feature request. It's not intended for general adoption and I don't recommend using them without my direction.

1.1.16 is the newest though, and that's available on the website now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettobird52 View Post
    Also I think Ted is trying to make it hard to upgrade the firmware. the e46 m3 fellas are asking for the same thing and he just doesnt respond...

Also, no one responds from the bluebus dev email. Ive tried multiple times over the past 6 months.
    Sorry, I didn't respond on M3Forum because I didn't have anything meaningful to add to their request. I've been working through the rest of the BlueBus units from the July run and haven't had much time for anything that isn't grunt work until today.

Also, If I don't respond to your email, it's probably because it got lost in the noise . Please follow up if you don't hear back within 3 days.

Thanks! If anyone wants to babysit: I pay in E46 M3 joyrides. Not get all "woe is me", but my wife and I don't have any help with the kiddos (2x 10 month old sons and 1x 2.75 year old daughter) anymore (all of our immediate family has passed away or lives states away), so BlueBus time is "when and if the kids sleep"

-Ted

My Cars
    2001 750iL DD74441
    Ted

Thanks for everything and just remember that if anyone is riding hard on you it is just because BluBus is the greatest thing for our vehicles. Well done!

Sorry I can’t help with the kids but here is a NSF Work or Kids video that you should appreciate:

https://youtu.be/SDCqgHLX8Ys

2001 750iL DD74441

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
    Stock

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    Ted,

You are the man! Thank you so much for an A+ product and getting back to us quickly, especially with young kids in the house! I appreciate it. I just got my dsp cable, heading to the trunk to install this bad boy right now! I agree with TheAngryBear, even when thats me!

My Cars
    1996 328i, 2001 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    1.1.16 is the newest though, and that's available on the website now.
    Version 1.1.16 is acting strange on my E38. By "strange" I mean streaming stops playing after about 4 seconds. My phone (Samsung S20+ 5G) isn't in a paused state, it is ready to play when this happens. I press Play on my phone, it plays again for about 4 seconds then goes back to being in a ready to play state. Also, going down into a BlueBus menu (like drilling down for the About display) and lingering for more than a few seconds would pop me back up to the main menu.

Previously I had 1.1.14 and that was fine. I have now installed 1.1.15 and that seems stable like 1.1.14. "stable" to me means I can play music and it keeps going past 4 seconds; I didn't do much else with it. The popping back up in the menu is also not there... the menus behave as expected. So, something seems to have changed in 1.1.16 that causes this.

My car has DSP, MKIV navigation, television, and the Siemens CID radio.

FWIW, I did notice that in version 1.1.16 the bluetooth device identifier text in the upper right of the display was expanded; nice! With 1.1.14 and 1.1.15 it showed just "Brian - S20"; with the 1.1.16 firmware it showed a bit more with "Brian - S20+ 5G"

Rather than sidetrack this thread about this issue I will see if I can find instructions for collecting a log from your web site and email you separately on this.

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    First and foremost, wow just WOW! This thing is amazing. If you have not bought/ordered one yet, DO IT! The sound quality, my god the sound quality!! I agree with previous posters who found that the lower frequencies certainly hit 'better'. At the same time, all sounds/frequencies are much clearer at higher volumes. Very impressed! The comfort/UI features are to die for. I have only had it in the car for a few hours and I cant go back! Love the blinkers, and the lock/unlock feature really brings it forward a decade. Also the Coolant monitor is invaluable. This damn thing runs hot! (106-110C)

The only gripe I'm having, and it is most likely operator error, is echo in phone calls. People I'm talking to over the phone can hear themselves echoing. They say sound quality is good and my voice is extremely clear, but so clear that they are hearing themselves as well. I've tried a few things such as playing with the db levels, mic bias on/off, turning the room/echo feature off/on in dsp settings. I went as far as accessing the terminal and commanding
    'bt cvc on' and 'bt mgain c2' in putty to no avail. As far as I can tell from realoem my car came with the 338 microphone you suggest to users in the e46/e39 groups. A little stumped on this one,

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    Version 1.1.16 is acting strange on my E38. By "strange" I mean streaming stops playing after about 4 seconds. My phone (Samsung S20+ 5G) isn't in a paused state, it is ready to play when this happens. I press Play on my phone, it plays again for about 4 seconds then goes back to being in a ready to play state. Also, going down into a BlueBus menu (like drilling down for the About display) and lingering for more than a few seconds would pop me back up to the main menu.

Previously I had 1.1.14 and that was fine. I have now installed 1.1.15 and that seems stable like 1.1.14. "stable" to me means I can play music and it keeps going past 4 seconds; I didn't do much else with it. The popping back up in the menu is also not there... the menus behave as expected. So, something seems to have changed in 1.1.16 that causes this.

My car has DSP, MKIV navigation, television, and the Siemens CID radio.

FWIW, I did notice that in version 1.1.16 the bluetooth device identifier text in the upper right of the display was expanded; nice! With 1.1.14 and 1.1.15 it showed just "Brian - S20"; with the 1.1.16 firmware it showed a bit more with "Brian - S20+ 5G"

Rather than sidetrack this thread about this issue I will see if I can find instructions for collecting a log from your web site and email you separately on this.
    Time for a secret-sauce-maybe-this-will-fix-it firmware! https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...s_1_1_16_7.hex

I'm assuming your car has a newer BM53? Would you know the build date?

First and foremost, wow just WOW! This thing is amazing. If you have not bought/ordered one yet, DO IT! The sound quality, my god the sound quality!! I agree with previous posters who found that the lower frequencies certainly hit 'better'. At the same time, all sounds/frequencies are much clearer at higher volumes. Very impressed! The comfort/UI features are to die for. I have only had it in the car for a few hours and I cant go back! Love the blinkers, and the lock/unlock feature really brings it forward a decade. Also the Coolant monitor is invaluable. This damn thing runs hot! (106-110C)

The only gripe I'm having, and it is most likely operator error, is echo in phone calls. People I'm talking to over the phone can hear themselves echoing. They say sound quality is good and my voice is extremely clear, but so clear that they are hearing themselves as well. I've tried a few things such as playing with the db levels, mic bias on/off, turning the room/echo feature off/on in dsp settings. I went as far as accessing the terminal and commanding
    'bt cvc on' and 'bt mgain c2' in putty to no avail. As far as I can tell from realoem my car came with the 338 microphone you suggest to users in the e46/e39 groups. A little stumped on this one,

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

How loud is the audio when calling? Did you test your calls while in BT mode, or AM/FM/TAPE?

Thanks!
    -Ted

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport

Glad you're enjoying it!

How loud is the audio when calling? Did you test your calls while in BT mode, or AM/FM/TAPE?

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Very much indeed! I remember reading about this last year and here I am with it in my car!! Super stoked.

So the audio of them on my speakers is low. Even when i turn it down low they can still hear themselves echoing. Interesting question! So at first i was only trying in BT mode, I just ran out to the car and made a call to test in all bt/am/fm/tape modes and it echoed in all of them. One thing i do notice is that i am getting inconsistent LED lighting on the nav. Sometimes it will show green (connected), however most the time it shows red (not connected) even though it is connected. I am running the 1.1.16.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    Very much indeed! I remember reading about this last year and here I am with it in my car!! Super stoked.

So the audio of them on my speakers is low. Even when i turn it down low they can still hear themselves echoing. Interesting question! So at first i was only trying in BT mode, I just ran out to the car and made a call to test in all bt/am/fm/tape modes and it echoed in all of them. One thing i do notice is that i am getting inconsistent LED lighting on the nav. Sometimes it will show green (connected), however most the time it shows red (not connected) even though it is connected. I am running the 1.1.16.
    You're using the digital audio interface (coaxial), right?

You didn't set `bt cvc off` at any point, yes?

What kind of phone are you using?

On the inconsistent LEDs: Sounds like HFP is having a hard time opening. This would only impact your ability to make a call through the system, but it is weird that it's an issue at all. Still, it doesn't relate to the echoing.

Thanks!
    -Ted

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    You're using the digital audio interface (coaxial), right?

You didn't set `bt cvc off` at any point, yes?

What kind of phone are you using?

On the inconsistent LEDs: Sounds like HFP is having a hard time opening. This would only impact your ability to make a call through the system, but it is weird that it's an issue at all. Still, it doesn't relate to the echoing.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Yes that is correct i am using the coaxial connection with the amp, not the analog 6 pin.

Correct i have not set bt cvc off at any point.

I am using the Iphone 10xr

Ok gotcha i just wanted to throw that out to you.

My Cars
    1996 328i, 2001 740iL
    Time for a secret-sauce-maybe-this-will-fix-it firmware! https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...s_1_1_16_7.hex

I'm assuming your car has a newer BM53? Would you know the build date?
    Not a BM53. I have the Siemens CID radio installed in my E38. The Siemens CID radio was available on the E83 X3 and E85 Z4. Frankie did a nice DIY installation write up about it here. A nice thing about the Siemens radio is that I have the ability to pick up HD radio signals. I would have to dig through old pictures I took during the summer to confirm the radio build date, but believe it is part #65-12-9-205-285 which was produced from November 2008 to present.

Thanks for the firmware update; I will re-apply both 1.1.16 and 1.1.16.7 and collect logs for each. I will follow up via email.

Update 11/12/2020: Firmware version 1.1.16.7 addressed the issues I ran into.
    Last edited by Thresher; 11-12-2020 at 09:58 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 750iL
    Whats the pinout for the TCU on a 01 E38? I want to get my phone functions working, I cant use half of what I bought it for.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    On a DSP car with v 1.1.17 (should be posted soon) you really only need to de-pin the microphone signals which are on the 26-pin SES connector.

Here's the pinout, but do you have a de-pin adapter handy?

Code:
    Pin 1 is the top row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio)
    Pin 4 is the bottom row, lowest pin (closets to the 6 Pin Audio) right under pin 1
    BlueBus 1 - Mute - SES 22
    BlueBus 2 - Mic Neg - SES 8
    BlueBus 3 - Spkr Neg - SES 12
    BlueBus 4 - Tel ON - SES 18
    BlueBus 5 - Mic Pos - SES 9
    BlueBus 6 - Spkr Pos - SES 13

My Cars
    2001 E38 740i
    Ted, this is to confirm that 1.1.16 fixes the digital squeal issue when music is paused or get a call. Thank you

Archie
    2001 740i M-Sport Shorty // 2012 Audi A6 // 2007 BMW X5 4.8i // 2005 Honda Civic Si

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    Ted, this is to confirm that 1.1.16 fixes the digital squeal issue when music is paused or get a call. Thank you

Archie
    1.1.16 fixes that? I've heard it being an issue even into 1.1.17, though the last beta seem to help considerably.

-Ted

My Cars
    2001 E38 740i
    1.1.16 fixes that? I've heard it being an issue even into 1.1.17, though the last beta seem to help considerably.

-Ted
    It fixed it on mine.. Tried it a few times as well.. Not a single squeal .. Maybe I just got lucky. I am using a MK4.. Dont know if that matters. It shouldn't but...

Archie
    2001 740i M-Sport Shorty // 2012 Audi A6 // 2007 BMW X5 4.8i // 2005 Honda Civic Si

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    It fixed it on mine.. Tried it a few times as well.. Not a single squeal .. Maybe I just got lucky. I am using a MK4.. Dont know if that matters. It shouldn't but...

Archie
    I am running same firmware and get the hard squeal between call & music. Also still spotty phone usage. Can't answer calls with MKIV/wide screen button I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and answer it, then transfer over to bluebus. Also still getting echo.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but can we get a firmware that is close to 100% ironed out before moving on to more tools/features? I'd love to have full phone features.

Anyone on the fence about buying, don't hesitate and pull the trigger already! It is worth the extra $$$ just to have a running coolant temp gauge on my widescreen, let alone Bluetooth music and phone calls! Also I'm still blown away by music quality. The lows hit so nice.

My Cars
    1996 328i, 2001 740iL

-Ted
    I think there are still some minor issues with background/white noise but things are much better than last summer!. I have 1.1.16.7 installed. Recently I got in the car and started driving; didn't touch radio or do anything with my phone which auto-connected to BlueBus just fine as the green light was on on the widescreen monitor. About 10 minutes later into my drive I wondered what was causing some background/white noise. Radio was set to CD changer/BlueBus and nothing was streaming from my phone. Changed radio to FM and background/white noise went away and FM station came in. Went back to CD changer/BlueBus and heard silence (as expected).

I'm not sure what the power up / initialization sequence does to the radio/DSP when the car is turned on. With the ignition turned on, all devices quickly initialize themselves. Wondering if the DSP amp is finishing initialization just after BlueBus? Thinking there might be an order to how things are initialized (or are supposed to be initialized)... i.e., BlueBus performs its normal initialization when it is powered up, and then monitors I-bus traffic for messages indicating that a dependent device is initialized. Then and only then perform any initialization related to the other device... Otherwise, if a be-quiet type of command is sent over to the DSP before it finishes I am guessing the message would be ignored? Obviously I don't understand the coding details of BlueBus, but I can make guesses about what might be going on. :-) To me, it seems like there may be a race condition going on... the noise problem I heard doesn't happen all of the time, but occasionally I will hear something a bit odd. Switching to FM and back again always fixes these types of things.

Is 1.1.17 expected to be made available soon? The website shows 1.1.16 is available for download (https://www.bluebus.dev/software).

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    I am running same firmware and get the hard squeal between call & music. Also still spotty phone usage. Can't answer calls with MKIV/wide screen button I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and answer it, then transfer over to bluebus. Also still getting echo.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but can we get a firmware that is close to 100% ironed out before moving on to more tools/features? I'd love to have full phone features.

Anyone on the fence about buying, don't hesitate and pull the trigger already! It is worth the extra $$$ just to have a running coolant temp gauge on my widescreen, let alone Bluetooth music and phone calls! Also I'm still blown away by music quality. The lows hit so nice.
    >Can't answer calls with MKIV/wide screen button I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and answer it, then transfer over to bluebus.

This sounds like your phone wanting to ignore the Hands-Free commands from the BlueBus more than the BlueBus itself. Have you tried answering a call using the the phone button on the steering wheel? A log (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log) of this happening would make troubleshooting much easier, though I suspect my initial hypothesis is correct.

A little light Googling led me to this: https://www.imore.com/how-send-incom...etooth-speaker

>Also still getting echo
    Which telephone adapter are you using? 26 pin SES or DB25?

Did your car come with any kind of telephony system? I'm wondering if you don't have a factory TCU somewhere that's causing issues.

In any case, after you follow the "Gathering a log" steps above, run these commands in the terminal (follow each with a stroke of the enter key and keep in mind that just because it writes something to the screen doesn't mean that it has emptied the input buffer -- keep typing):

bt cvc on
    bt mgain c1

In the future, you will likely get much quicker and consistent responses from me through my support box which I monitor like a hawk -- if I don't respond in 48 hours, then feel free to follow up. BimmerForums is especially bad about sending me thread updates.

>Not trying to sound like an ass, but can we get a firmware that is close to 100% ironed out before moving on to more tools/features? I'd love to have full phone features.

All bugs that are readily reproducible are given priority, I promise. Most of the new features being added have been contributions from the community rather than additions I have made.

I think there are still some minor issues with background/white noise but things are much better than last summer!. I have 1.1.16.7 installed. Recently I got in the car and started driving; didn't touch radio or do anything with my phone which auto-connected to BlueBus just fine as the green light was on on the widescreen monitor. About 10 minutes later into my drive I wondered what was causing some background/white noise. Radio was set to CD changer/BlueBus and nothing was streaming from my phone. Changed radio to FM and background/white noise went away and FM station came in. Went back to CD changer/BlueBus and heard silence (as expected).

I'm not sure what the power up / initialization sequence does to the radio/DSP when the car is turned on. With the ignition turned on, all devices quickly initialize themselves. Wondering if the DSP amp is finishing initialization just after BlueBus? Thinking there might be an order to how things are initialized (or are supposed to be initialized)... i.e., BlueBus performs its normal initialization when it is powered up, and then monitors I-bus traffic for messages indicating that a dependent device is initialized. Then and only then perform any initialization related to the other device... Otherwise, if a be-quiet type of command is sent over to the DSP before it finishes I am guessing the message would be ignored? Obviously I don't understand the coding details of BlueBus, but I can make guesses about what might be going on. :-) To me, it seems like there may be a race condition going on... the noise problem I heard doesn't happen all of the time, but occasionally I will hear something a bit odd. Switching to FM and back again always fixes these types of things.

Is 1.1.17 expected to be made available soon? The website shows 1.1.16 is available for download (https://www.bluebus.dev/software).
    I wonder if it's the fact that the DSP has had some kind of data in its buffer that triggers the noise once you stop playback? Meaning, if there's no data that has been passed in on the S/PDIF input, then the DSP keeps the DAC powered off. Once data comes in, it powers the DAC on and once the data stream ceases, the DAC is left on and thus susceptible to spitting garbage noise out? If this is the case, then it might be as simple as switching the DSPs input back to analog and then back to digital when playback is stopped for more than 10 seconds (once the BT module stops passing zero data).

The I-Bus dance is a lot less complex than you describe. Everything powers on at the same time and the "initialized" message (https://github.com/piersholt/wilhelm...b/master/02.md) is only used to figure out what UI we should be trying to write to the screen. Everything else is pretty much handled statelessly based on bus traffic, though it is all pretty heavily dependent on what the BlueBus has been told its playback status should be by the radio. (I.e. we won't write to the screen under any circumstances if our playback state is "Stopped").

1.1.17 will be out soon. I've been wanting to add caller ID for the single line UI and that has held up the release.

1.1.18 will likely see huge improvements to the single line UI as I recently bought an E46 Wagon and I haven't yet shoe-horned the Navi into it (though everything is ready and waiting in a box).

Thanks!
    -Ted

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    >Can't answer calls with MKIV/wide screen button I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and answer it, then transfer over to bluebus.

This sounds like your phone wanting to ignore the Hands-Free commands from the BlueBus more than the BlueBus itself. Have you tried answering a call using the the phone button on the steering wheel? A log (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log) of this happening would make troubleshooting much easier, though I suspect my initial hypothesis is correct.

A little light Googling led me to this: https://www.imore.com/how-send-incom...etooth-speaker

>Also still getting echo
    Which telephone adapter are you using? 26 pin SES or DB25?

Did your car come with any kind of telephony system? I'm wondering if you don't have a factory TCU somewhere that's causing issues.

In any case, after you follow the "Gathering a log" steps above, run these commands in the terminal (follow each with a stroke of the enter key and keep in mind that just because it writes something to the screen doesn't mean that it has emptied the input buffer -- keep typing):

bt cvc on
    bt mgain c1

In the future, you will likely get much quicker and consistent responses from me through my support box which I monitor like a hawk -- if I don't respond in 48 hours, then feel free to follow up. BimmerForums is especially bad about sending me thread updates.

>Not trying to sound like an ass, but can we get a firmware that is close to 100% ironed out before moving on to more tools/features? I'd love to have full phone features.

All bugs that are readily reproducible are given priority, I promise. Most of the new features being added have been contributions from the community rather than additions I have made.
    Yes as that website states audio routing is set to automatic, no issues there. Issue can be reproduced with multiple phones, including android. Phone works no problem in other Bluetooth systems. Yes I cannot answer calls on steering wheel either.

I've only put about 250miles on the car since I've installed the bluebus but issues I have already noticed are
    Issues include-

Can't answer phone calls on MKIV/widescreen
    Large screech when changing between music & phone call
    Echo
    Have to 'press play' on my phone to get music start playing again on bluebus after phone call
    Occasionally wont connect on first start of the day
    Font on music info randomly changes size from very small to extra large

Not an operator issue. I'm using SES connector from you. Car came with SES & BMW cellphone package. What support box? As I stated months back no one is checking/replying to your support@Bluebus.dev email
    Product appears to still be in beta, especially with the 'logging'.
    I'll attempt to get a log and see if that will help you. But I need to know where to send it.
    Last edited by Ghettobird52; 01-17-2021 at 02:24 PM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW M3
    Yes as that website states audio routing is set to automatic, no issues there. Issue can be reproduced with multiple phones, including android. Phone works no problem in other Bluetooth systems. Yes I cannot answer calls on steering wheel either.

I've only put about 250miles on the car since I've installed the bluebus but issues I have already noticed are
    Issues include-

Echo
    Have to 'press play' on my phone to get music start playing again on bluebus after phone call

Not an operator issue. I'm using SES connector from you. Car came with SES & BMW cellphone package. What support box? As I stated months back no one is checking/replying to your support@Bluebus.dev email
    I'll attempt to get a log and see if that will help you. But I need to know where to send it.
    I think it's going to be way easier if I just replace the unit, since I need to replace a couple capacitors to fix the issue of it not connecting first drive of the day -- this is a hardware fault in very few BlueBus units that are exposed to cold temperatures.

The other issues are all software related and it's just going to make both of our lives easier if I just send you one with all the right settings.

I will say, I have NOT had any one else have problems with answering calls through the vehicle.

>Large screech when changing between music & phone call
    This one is software related and may not be fixed or even fixable. I have heard that it is improved in newer software revisions.

>Font on music info randomly changes size from very small to extra large
    This has not been fixed. The characters have a "width" to them, and going over a certain width causes the text to switch to small. For now, I think I'll just further limit the amount of characters that can be displayed at one time.

>What support box? As I stated months back no one is checking/replying to your support@Bluebus.dev email
    Have you tried again? I don't know your email address, so I can't really search for your last email. I am the only one who manages the Inbox. Regardless, I'm pretty good about responding within 72 hours but sometimes I do miss some messages.

>Product appears to still be in beta, especially with the 'logging'.
    I don't understand the correlation. The ability to log diagnostic information is paramount in fixing any issues reported.

Until I decide to stop adding features and changing code, there will always be bugs to work out -- that's just the nature of software development, especially with a team of one.

If you're unhappy with the product, I can always buy it back from you.

Regardless, contact me at support@bluebus.dev so we can figure out how you wish to proceed.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Last edited by t3ddftw; 01-17-2021 at 03:39 PM.

My Cars
    1996 328i, 2001 740iL

Issues include-

Echo

The support email address works; I've had Ted respond. I've observed some of the issues you mentioned. Not sure why you haven't seen a response to your emails to the support address. Try again?

The ability to answer a phone call on the widescreen can be a bit slow; I had my daughter help me today; the first two times she called me the widescreen prompted me to answer as I would expect. The third time there was a significantly longer delay (e.g., 5 seconds...) before the widescreen prompted me to answer the call. Not sure what caused the widescreen to be delayed in showing the phone answer prompt - I wasn't sure the prompt would appear, and then it did.

During a couple of the tests I heard a screech when shifting between music and phone call. Other times I didn't. Regarding resuming play after phone call, you may need to enable the autoplay feature in the BlueBus menu. I normally have that off. Once I turned it on, the music started to play again after a phone call.

I haven't had problems getting my phone (Samsung S20+ 5G) to connect to BlueBus; nor have I seen font size change issues as you described (at least not yet). When that happens, you may want to take a picture and send it to the support address.

I am running firmware 1.1.16.7.

My Cars
    2001 750iL DD74441
    I am not sure what version I am running but it is whatever everyone was updated to with the “goodwill campaign”.

As for some of the things stated above, here is what I am thinking:
    -first this is light years of improvement over stock without a new head/radio so awesome!
    -I am also not a technophile and will unlikely ever update the BlueBus until either a “final” version comes out or I am forced to. I am one of those people that gets locked out of the phone/computer as I haven’t run the updates... TG for auto updates.
    -echos (especially on calls) seems to be DSP dependent. Seems like if the DSP is turned “off” the echos stop. I have just turned the echo to minimal while keeping the various other level settings.
    -call “screech”: seems dependent on DSP being active like above. It is almost like the first call there is a mic/speaker test as well. If I make a call it doesn’t seem to happen when answering one later... or at least a lot less noticeably...
    -connection issues: maybe I am just unlucky, but every Bluetooth device I use (not just bluebus) needs a reconnect at least once a week. I have 8 connections, but if I go beneath 5 this rarely happens.
    -text size: seems dependent on the display setting (Navi has multi/split screen option) and “age of song”. Seems like the songs I ripped (yes I still play old school ripped MP3 from CDs) are more universal whereas the “new stuff” has variable format. I really don’t stream but suspect it could be promotional/advertising related. Same way we played songs at optimal levels and ads at boosted back at the radio station, text size could be varied...

Just my thoughts/findings. YMMV

2001 750iL DD74441

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
    Stock

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    I think it's going to be way easier if I just replace the unit, since I need to replace a couple capacitors to fix the issue of it not connecting first drive of the day -- this is a hardware fault in very few BlueBus units that are exposed to cold temperatures.

The other issues are all software related and it's just going to make both of our lives easier if I just send you one with all the right settings.

I will say, I have NOT had any one else have problems with answering calls through the vehicle.

>Large screech when changing between music & phone call
    This one is software related and may not be fixed or even fixable. I have heard that it is improved in newer software revisions.

>Font on music info randomly changes size from very small to extra large
    This has not been fixed. The characters have a "width" to them, and going over a certain width causes the text to switch to small. For now, I think I'll just further limit the amount of characters that can be displayed at one time.

>What support box? As I stated months back no one is checking/replying to your support@Bluebus.dev email
    Have you tried again? I don't know your email address, so I can't really search for your last email. I am the only one who manages the Inbox. Regardless, I'm pretty good about responding within 72 hours but sometimes I do miss some messages.

>Product appears to still be in beta, especially with the 'logging'.
    I don't understand the correlation. The ability to log diagnostic information is paramount in fixing any issues reported.

Until I decide to stop adding features and changing code, there will always be bugs to work out -- that's just the nature of software development, especially with a team of one.

If you're unhappy with the product, I can always buy it back from you.

Regardless, contact me at support@bluebus.dev so we can figure out how you wish to proceed.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Thanks for the quick response Ted. I am making these statements public so people gauging if they want to buy it, will know what they are buying. Don't get me wrong, as I have stated before right on this page, this thing is 100% worth the price! The music streaming is awesome, and I will never go back to running a m62tu without a coolant monitor on the widescreen! I definitely don't want you to buy it back from me! LOL. If you want an OUTSTANDING Bluetooth music streaming product look no further! This is it for you. But if you want 100% working with no issues on phone calls, this might not be there yet, nor as he just stated will it ever.

I'm just putting this out there publicly so people know that there will be issues with it. I had the assumption that when it was listed on ECS, although I bought it directly from you, was that most kinks were worked out and the product would work with no issues directly out the box. Don't get me wrong the availability of the feature to log to fix future issues is awesome. But when the product is shipped and then you have to 'log' to get basic features working with out issues, that to me is beta. When I buy something from a reputable dealer or it is listed from a reputable dealer, like ECS even though I bought it from you, my assumption is that it will work with the features it states it will with out the need to log. I want to make sure people are aware of this. I will make contact with you over email.

The support email address works; I've had Ted respond. I've observed some of the issues you mentioned. Not sure why you haven't seen a response to your emails to the support address. Try again?

The ability to answer a phone call on the widescreen can be a bit slow; I had my daughter help me today; the first two times she called me the widescreen prompted me to answer as I would expect. The third time there was a significantly longer delay (e.g., 5 seconds...) before the widescreen prompted me to answer the call. Not sure what caused the widescreen to be delayed in showing the phone answer prompt - I wasn't sure the prompt would appear, and then it did.

During a couple of the tests I heard a screech when shifting between music and phone call. Other times I didn't. Regarding resuming play after phone call, you may need to enable the autoplay feature in the BlueBus menu. I normally have that off. Once I turned it on, the music started to play again after a phone call.

I haven't had problems getting my phone (Samsung S20+ 5G) to connect to BlueBus; nor have I seen font size change issues as you described (at least not yet). When that happens, you may want to take a picture and send it to the support address.

I am running firmware 1.1.16.7.
    I am not sure what version I am running but it is whatever everyone was updated to with the “goodwill campaign”.

As for some of the things stated above, here is what I am thinking:
    -first this is light years of improvement over stock without a new head/radio so awesome!
    -I am also not a technophile and will unlikely ever update the BlueBus until either a “final” version comes out or I am forced to. I am one of those people that gets locked out of the phone/computer as I haven’t run the updates... TG for auto updates.
    -echos (especially on calls) seems to be DSP dependent. Seems like if the DSP is turned “off” the echos stop. I have just turned the echo to minimal while keeping the various other level settings.
    -call “screech”: seems dependent on DSP being active like above. It is almost like the first call there is a mic/speaker test as well. If I make a call it doesn’t seem to happen when answering one later... or at least a lot less noticeably...
    -connection issues: maybe I am just unlucky, but every Bluetooth device I use (not just bluebus) needs a reconnect at least once a week. I have 8 connections, but if I go beneath 5 this rarely happens.
    -text size: seems dependent on the display setting (Navi has multi/split screen option) and “age of song”. Seems like the songs I ripped (yes I still play old school ripped MP3 from CDs) are more universal whereas the “new stuff” has variable format. I really don’t stream but suspect it could be promotional/advertising related. Same way we played songs at optimal levels and ads at boosted back at the radio station, text size could be varied...

Just my thoughts/findings. YMMV

2001 750iL DD74441

2005 X5 4.8is LE82680
    Stock

Thanks guys for the support/help! I really appreciate this forum. It is seriously awesome! Honestly, idk why I didnt think about the DSP settings for echo... There literally is an echo setting in there from what i remember... right? lmfao i may be a dumbass!
    Last edited by Ghettobird52; 01-17-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast