RM European Auto Parts

Thread: E90 08 328i fan running on high off and on

My Cars
    2008 328i

E90 08 328i fan running on high off and on

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The radiator fan started running on high about a week ago. I did some research. Looked like it was either bad water pump or coolant temp sensor. I did the water pump test (car not running in on position, heat on high, push gas pedal for 10 secs) coolant does squirt into the coolant tank. No weird noises from water pump. So I went and got the sensor replaced that sensor and still runs on high for a bit off and on. Let the car run for 5 mins or so still did it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    I'd be willing to bet that your electric water pump is on its way out.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Second the water pump

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Ok so finally I had a free day. I changed out the water pump. And yes that corrected the fan issue. That was areal bitch getting that top bolt out and then back in. First time I’ve wanted smaller hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Ok. So after replacing the water pump. The fan stopped running on high. I didn’t notice at the time. But the AC isn’t blowing out cold air. So after noticing the AC not working I see the fan isn’t coming on. I assumed the fan was bad. So I ordered a fan. Put it in yesterday and still fan does not come on and AC not blowing cold air. I’ve checked and the fuses with AC are fine. So what now? Hopefully this is something I have overlooked? Any advice is appreciated.

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Ok so now that the weather is hot I noticed that the ac is not blowing cold air. After I noticed that. I looked and the Fan is not coming on at all. So I figured the fan was bad. So I ordered a fan. I installed it yesterday. And still fan doesn’t come on and ac doesn’t blow cold. So does anyone have an idea what the issue is? Thanks in advance

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Ok so after changing out that water pump. I realized that the AC was not blowing cold air. Then I looked and the Fan is not running at all. So I figured the fan was bad. I ordered a fan. Installed it yesterday and still fan not coming on and ac not blowing cold air? Does anyone have an idea what this could be? AC worked fine before all this.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    At this point it might be helpful to drop it off at a good independent shop for a though diagnostic.