Thread: FS - FX-R 3.0 Projector retrofit in brand new DEPO housings

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5

FS - FX-R 3.0 Projector retrofit in brand new DEPO housings

Selling my HID retrofit as a complete package, everything you need to upgrade to a proper HID setup, except PnP harness for high beams are not included.
    I've spent a lot of time and energy on this retrofit and have decided to go a different direction.

What's included:

• Brand new DEPO lights, received two weeks ago. Outer lenses are pristine, never driven. Inner low beam lenses will be included, uninstalled. You’ll need to cut them if you want to install them.
    • TRS E36 Retrofit kit with FX-R 3.0 projectors - Bought new in 2017. These have been mounted into the lights, test fired a few times, but never fully installed or driven. Wired for Bi-Xenon functionality, works flawlessly.
    • Morimoto XB35 ballasts and ignitors.
    • Phillips 85122 4300k bulbs
    • Morimoto Standalone Canbus harness (x2)
    • Morimoto dual relay wiring harness

Notes about the components:

• The cutoff is bowed on one of the projectors. It’s not terrible, but worth noting. Can likely be fixed by shimming the bulb. See pics below.
    • Drivers side aiming screw adjuster doesn’t work properly, can be fixed by reseating the shank into the plastic to eliminate slack. Can still be adjusted with a 3/8 hex on the back side.
    • Currently, the driver’s side light doesn’t ignite instantly every time, but will come on with a few turns of the light switch. I believe this is the ballast.
    • The 9006 clips on one of the Canbus harnesses broke off (cheap plastic), but the silicone weatherproof grommet firmly holds it in place.

$300 shipped. Easily $600+ into this setup.

Outer lenses off for testing:

My Cars
    1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Black
    I was under the impression that the inner lenses just needed to be "deburred" and not cut out entirely. Do the projectors not clear the inner lenses at all?
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

My Cars
    1997 M3/4/5
    Inner lenses definitely need to be cut in order to fit them with the projectors installed. There's just not enough space in the housing with the ignitor connected. It might be possible but it would require using different spacers, and the light output would suffer. Deburring refers to cleaning up the edges of the cut glass.

FYI I'm currently working with TRS to get some of these faulty components replaced under warranty, so I'm taking these off the market temporarily.