Hi there,

Finally got my car back from the mechanic after months. BMW 330ci (2005). I'd had the engine replaced due to a cracked block, which was something of a shock when it happened.

Anyway, he said as the car had been inactive for so long it would be good to replace the battery. He put a brand new Bosch 94r730b into it.

I get it halfway along the road and stop at the lights. Test the roof by hitting the usual switch. Nothing. No light, no motor sound, the windows came down once halfway, then stopped. That was it. That's all the action I've managed to get out of it.

I should make it clear the mechanic wasn't the best: he had my car for ages and didn't fix it properly the first time. I should have known better than to take it to him but once my car was in bits in his yard, what could I do?

Do we think it's a) a battery that isn't right? I'm reading online there seems to be some question over whether this battery works for cabriolets
b) he's somehow dislodged wiring?
c) fuse (attaching picture of box and code-has he fiddled with them and not put the right one back?)
d)something else?

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I don't want to take it back to the mechanic as I honestly never want to deal with him again in my life.

I'm attaching images of the battery, a wire I found loose (I don't think this is relevant but I'll include an image anyway), and the fuse box/ guide:
">

Thanks