Thread: RIP Bavarian Autosport

My Cars
    7/94 M3, 92 325-4

RIP Bavarian Autosport

Another great supplier and partner gone.
    Will miss the great service, fast delivery, and no tax.....
    'But Dad.... it's PURPLE!'

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    I'm sad but actually not too surprised. I always thought their prices were higher than most and also the website wasn't too user friendly.

My Cars
    2x 97 M3/4, 05 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    I'm sad but actually not too surprised. I always thought their prices were higher than most and also the website wasn't too user friendly.
    Not too user friendly is an understatement. It was terrible. In the last 12 years or so it never really improved, either. They revamped the look a few years back, but the function didn't change. Still terrible to get around. I think I've only ordered from them once.

ECS is successful because their website is the easiest to use AND they have actual pictures of every part. Makes it very easy to find the thing you need and verify its what you want.

My Cars
    E36 325is
    What's next? Pelican parts?
    In this modern monopoly corporation/consumer ecomomy it's not to farfetched to think that the government will begin to identify people not by a social security #, but by an Amazon prime account.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E36
    Pelican was bought by ECS already. (so was Turner)

...I have found Pelican's search now sucks entirely too, but it used to be great.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah, the ECS/TMS/Pelican conglomerate isn't going anywhere. I just hope nothing happens to FCPEuro, they have a great site and it's my go-to for any OEM parts.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    E36
    luckily rockauto started picking up good brands... lol
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    89 535i, 08 XC70, Merc
    No worries, FCP Euro is profitable and growing thanks to support from folks like you.

My Cars
    '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    Yeah, the ECS/TMS/Pelican conglomerate isn't going anywhere. I just hope nothing happens to FCPEuro, they have a great site and it's my go-to for any OEM parts.
    I could most certainly be wrong, but I think FCP is actually much bigger than ECS.

I used to be a pretty big ECS/Pelican/Bavauto shopper. Especially on big projects, I would spread the parts purchase across all three and save a couple hundred bucks (for OE or OEM brands too). Over the last year or two, ECS stopped being as competitive and its about the same for the other two. I am finding myself shopping more at FCP and Rockauto. The funny thing about what made me start looking elsewhere from ECS, was shipping. I used to get free shipping and have my part at my front door in 2 days. Now free shipping means I get my order in about 4-5 days. Both with Rockauto and FCP my order arrives next day or 2 days.
    Last edited by bimma360; 03-22-2019 at 10:09 AM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah the main value ECS/TMS have to me is in their aftermarket products, some of which are really nice. For OEM though, I think FCPEuro is strictly a better version of Pelican. At least their site is miles better and easier to use.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    I have started to use FCPEuro pretty much exclusively. Their prices are normally the best and the lifetime warranty is a pretty awesome perk. For us on the west coast though you do have to plan a bit in advance because the free shipping takes about 8 business days. If I need something fast I'll get it from RMEuropean.

My Cars
    2x 97 M3/4, 05 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    I have started to use FCPEuro pretty much exclusively. Their prices are normally the best and the lifetime warranty is a pretty awesome perk. For us on the west coast though you do have to plan a bit in advance because the free shipping takes about 8 business days. If I need something fast I'll get it from RMEuropean.
    I mean- they usually have the best prices anyways- but they will price match anything that is higher than another place.

And the CEO said on facebook in response to the bav auto news that he will NEVER sell to ECS. So yeah- FCP is where I shop when I can. But when I just need something cheap, the Rein and Vaico parts are usually the same as the OE stuff but MUCH cheaper. ECS sells them more often than FCP Euro. On my nice car everything comes from FCP because I will be keeping it. On my daily drivers, I average about a year of ownership on them. I use DECENT quality stuff, but price is much more important in that case.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Besides above mentioned I also use https://www.autohausaz.com/ , competitive prices, and - important for me - discount international shipping. website easy to use: Sort By: Description, Popularity, Price - Highest First, Price - Lowest First
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2008 535xi Sport
    Didn't realize ECS had bought out the other suppliers all I have used. For maintenance parts I just OEM Bimmer Parts but I use ECS for just about everything else unless the dealer had it for a reasonable price with cca discount.

My Cars
    are slow.
    Damn, I just ordered a tool from them a few weeks ago.

I stick to RMEuropean or FCPeuro.

I've never been a fan of the ECS fan bus, and really prefer to support the small businesses even when shopping online. On top of that, RMeuropean and FCPeuro have way better prices, and cheap shipping.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    97 M3
    Why did BavAuto go under? Was it because they marked everything up, did not carry anything that met a niche market (e.g. track stuff like BW and TMS), and had a horrendous website? No one will ever know...

I almost always get what I need from ECS; they are by far the cheapest retailer with free shipping that is pretty quick. On top of that, their customer service and website have been excellent. BW and FCP will get my business if it is a more specific track part or OEM that ECS does not have (respectively).
    '97 M3/2/5 Lux, AW/Modena, ~225k, many mods and lots of grip
    Please lift when giving a point by

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I've been ordering parts for almost 20 years from these sites. I'm a big fan of one stop shopping. I don't want to go to 10 different sites for OE parts. I used to always go with RMEuropean because the prices, free shipping, and pictures of the parts. However, many parts were not available on the site, so I would have to go elsewhere. ECS has been the best as far as part availability, part pictures, pricing, and free shipping....I typically shop between ECS and FCPEuro. I think buying any suspension or brake component makes FCPEuro and their warranty, the best. I restored my Dad's 328 and bought just about everything through FCP because of it.

Pelican's site was always difficult and their pricing was more
    Bavauto was good for aftermarket stuff and floor mats
    RMEuropean just isn't as competitive because of sometimes not having little OE parts
    Turner was good, but again, more expensive.
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!