My Cars
    2005 BMW X5

Elecrical gremlin?

hi there! I am brand new here and do not know if I am even doing this right! I have a 2005 X5 and am having weird issues. First time it happened I had just washed it...I brought it home to detail it and proceeded with that...key on aux (first position) doors were open, and I am not positive, but the radio could have been on...so running on battery. it was only about 15 minutes in when my daughter called and needed a ride. I tried to start it and it went TICK TICK TICK like it was a totally dead battery. I did boost it and it started. When it started the 4x4 light was on (yellow) but went off when I drove it.
    I had the battery and alternator tested and they are both ok. It fires right up in the morning to go to work, and again ti go home, after sitting all day. With that, I feel a parasitic draw is eliminated. I tested it again last night at home. Sat in it with radio on doors open, key in first position. (I will add that the lights don't dim, the car does NOT die while I am sitting in aux) after 15 mins, I tried to start it, and NO GO!.......boosted...again the yellow 4x4 light was on, went off as I started to drive it...it went, and is fine. Drove it to work today, no issues.
    Is there something I am missing? I cannot sit in Aux for any amount of time? lol...good thing drive - ins are a thing of the past!!
    if anyone out there can shed some light that would great!

thanks,
    Blue

My Cars
    2012 X6 35i
    I'd say battery. Truck's 13 yrs old, so even if the battery's been changed once or even twice, you might be due for another.
    You said you had the battery tested. Did you actually see them do a load test? I bought my own load tester, sure comes in handy...
    2007 FJ Cruiser (best vehicle to date)
    2012 X6 35i Sport
    2013 ML350 BT
    2019 4Runner

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Yea start with the battery, sounds like cell is going south. The proper battery test is to charge it enough then load test it, if the battery is to old the load test could kill it and don't leave the key in the ignition on for really any length of time with out the engine running, with all the electrical stuf in the car the battery's do not have as much reserved cappacity head room as they used to