Thread: Anyone running a replica pandem kit?

My Cars
    2 e30’s and 1 e36

Anyone running a replica pandem kit?

I’m looking at the kit from Diveriks or from Byba on eBay. Anyone with experience running these kits or another quality replica?

My goal is to run the widest tires I can with gc coilovers and a track alignment.

This won’t be a dedicated track car obviously but it’s gonna be a streetable daily that will see spirited driving and possibly non competitive auto x.

I understand that the pandem kits are not for everyone. I myself thought they were lame until I saw my friends pandem e30 and then I fell in love with it.

I’m also considering felony form overfenders but I want to consider a high quality pandem rep if I can get it for around $1500

My Cars
    galant vr4 S13
    i see a shit load of knock off (i like to call them knock off's over "replica" haha) kits in all shapes and sizes when i have to travel to Asia for tuning work. Some manufactures do an OK job while other are absolutely terrible. Most the knock off Pandem kits i've seen end up taking a lot of "love" and filler to get decently smooth and fitted to the car ok. **most the knock off Pandem kits are coming from just a couple manufactures in China main land, they seem to just be getting re branded and sold by quite a few "china special shops"
    Not saying don't buy the knock off but know what your getting into and know you are supporting a thief that hurts our industry not an innovative business that helps our industry grow and develop new quality products.

My Cars
    2 e30’s and 1 e36
    I hear what you’re saying and in a perfect world I’d buy the original part but it will cost $4600 shipped which is close to what what I paid for my M3. If I knew people were knocking off my design, I would take it as a compliment. Keep in mind, Pandem did not create wide bodies and I am sure the design existed, albeit as a custom one off, well before pandem decided to take these kits to market. There aren’t too many original ideas and designs out there.

- - - Updated - - -

The replica I’m looking at is coming from Lithuania. I’m calling it a replica because he claims to have molded his kit off of an original pandem. To be honest, I’m leaning towards the felony form overfenders but I wanted to explore my options.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    FelonyForm doesn't exist any more. Their site is still up and you can order, but they will never fulfill the order.

Look at BigDuckClub, CliqTuning, and Hardmotorsports (overs and flares).

I'm not a fan of the pandem kits, but to each their own. "Widest tires possible" is interesting. You can put a 255 on a stock body car, which is truly more than enough with the right tire. You can put a 275/285 with flares, and more if you combine flares with overs. What wheels will you run, and what size tires?

IMHO: put a set of Hard Motorsport Flares on your car, buy a set of 17x9.5, spend real money on nice tires and suspension. Wider tires isn't always better.

My Cars
    2 e30’s and 1 e36
    I never said I was going to put shit tires on there. I want to run Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, which is a great street tire, so I hear.

Thanks for the tip about FF, I’ve heard that rumor too but I’m going to have to find out for sure on my own.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m currently interested in apex arc8’s

My Cars
    2 e30’s and 1 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    I'm not a fan of the pandem kits, but to each their own. "Widest tires possible" is interesting. You can put a 255 on a stock body car, which is truly more than enough with the right tire. You can put a 275/285 with flares, and more if you combine flares with overs. What wheels will you run, and what size tires?
    I subscribe to this train of thought, not that I have tried it but because I believe it to be true in logic and secondly because I like wide tires and the thought of having high levels of grip and traction. I understand tires are just part of the equation on accomplishing that goal.
    http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58689