Thread: Roadster

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3

Roadster

Okay. 60 year old guy here. I've seen so many fun roadsters over the years. MGA, MGB, MG Midget, TR6. Okay, give Miata some credit. Plus a few more. Didn't really recognize the brilliance of the Z3 until 2015. Classic roadster. Perfect design. Perfect performance. Not too much. Not too little. Proud owner of a 2000 Z3 with 42K miles.

20181028_081231.jpg

My Cars
    99 z3 2.8L
    Looks fantastic! I love that Grey on the z3.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Wow, love the combination between exterior and seats!!!

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Very nice. Looks like perfect weather in the background as well. I’m jealous with a couple of months of storage yet. Take some drives for me!

Your car looks immaculate. Nice low mileage find. Congratulations!

Totally agree about comparing roadsters. I was eyeballing a TR6 that looked pretty clean for $35k. I never followed up, because they wouldn’t post pictures I asked for of the undercarriage leading me to believe it was rotted out. We were so happy we missed it when we found our Z3 for way less money for so much more car. How can you lose?
    Last edited by Tigershark48; 03-19-2019 at 09:11 PM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Thank you for the comments.

Just broke her out of a long winters sleep.

42K miles. Absolutely perfect roadster. What an incredible car! Loved those roadsters in the past...no matter the make. The Z3 is incredibly perfectly cross between form and performance.

gf

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    You better take your drives south. It looks like things are going to get deep to the north. A nice drive down 35 to 177 at Cassoday and then north to 70 is a fun drive

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Sounds like a great route...especially the 177 north part. Love the Flint Hills. Our son played baseball at Tabor College in Hillsboro and we would make a couple trips a week to see him pitch.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Thanks Steve...

The first car we looked at was Boston Green with a black interior. It was absolutely beautiful!!!! It was our first choice on appearance. Unfortunately, it seemed to have some rust issues.

Our second choice was steel grey with tannin red. The perfect car popped up in Dallas with 42K miles.

We're thrilled with our buy.

gfish

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Hey sjray21...

The silver exterior and tanin red interior is beautiful too!!! Great combination.

Thanks for sharing.

gfish

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Congrats and welcome.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I bought mine for when I turned 50, and I have to say it was a perfect buy for that milestone. I'm approaching 60 now and still love it every bit as much, although I have to admit my driving style has calmed down A LOT. You'll love it, although, being as there's only one hill in your entire state, I'm guessing there are a lot of trips to campus in your future.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Mr Bingley needs to come to Kansas. There’s lots of hills here. If you like the ozarks then SE Kansas has you covered. Green rolling hills your thing? Then NE Kansas has your drive. If you want flat go to Florida.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Mr Bingley needs to come to Kansas. There’s lots of hills here. If you like the ozarks then SE Kansas has you covered. Green rolling hills your thing? Then NE Kansas has your drive. If you want flat go to Florida.
    So true. Perception doesn't match reality. The Flint Hills are spectacular...almost surreal at sunrise or sunset. And eastern Kansas is full of hills and trees.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gfish View Post
    So true. Perception doesn't match reality. The Flint Hills are spectacular...almost surreal at sunrise or sunset. And eastern Kansas is full of hills and trees.
    Ok, no dis on Kansas, but I've been there--all over--Flint hills, Lawrence, east, west, north, south, central--I think what constitutes hills is relative--from my perspective your don't have hills or twisty turnies or anything even remotely close, but then, from a West Virginia perspective, neither do I, and from an Alpine perspective none of us do.

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Yep. Nathan (s8ilver)in Denver has them right out his door the lucky SOB.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    Ok, no dis on Kansas, but I've been there--all over--Flint hills, Lawrence, east, west, north, south, central--I think what constitutes hills is relative--from my perspective your don't have hills or twisty turnies or anything even remotely close, but then, from a West Virginia perspective, neither do I, and from an Alpine perspective none of us do.
    Whatever. Have fun with all your friends. I've been to Ohio too. In fact, I saved a life in Ohio. I flew an Ohio resident on an overnight trip from Lawrence to Columbus for a kidney transplant. Had four hours to get there. I'm not dissing your state. Don't diss mine. Good luck to you and have fun with your 1.9.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Really no reason to bash someone else's state.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Really no reason to bash someone else's state.

- - - Updated - - -

Play nice. Be positive. Or don't play at all.

Enough said.