Thread: Help with mhd flasher.

My Cars
    335i 2007 n54

Help with mhd flasher.

Hello, I know this has been brought up a thousand times but I'm having some serious problems. I'll start with a bit of back story.

About two months ago I had my n54 seize up on me when driving on the highway. I decided I would buy a used motor and replace it. Long story shortend. I got the motor back in the car and everything hooked up. The car had been running a jb4 with a back end flash. I removed the Jb4 in hopes to reduce the variables for problems when starting the engine for the first time.

Flash forward to last night, where I'm desperately trying to figure out why my phone won't connect to the dme. I have a one plus 6t. I have tried 2 separate adapters, nothing is communicating with the dme. I have a ton of dash lights from the car, but I have no idea how to tell if the dme is working properly. I've tried with and without a battery charger. I've checked the voltage on the battery. I found the d+kan cable lights up when plugged in, could be wrong but I read if it lights up then it's not the ob2 port itself. I should add I found last night, I made the mistake of not seating one of the harness's pin connections properly. So one never came in contact with the dme. I made sure to seat it properly and placed it back. Nothing changed, still unable to connect.

I pride myself in being able to turn a wrench and weld but all this computer stuff gets me stumped pretty quick. Anyone have any suggestions for me? At this point I have 2 options that I can see. One buy a new tablet with a micro USB (the adapter I knew works already) or two figure out if I fried my dme somehow and need a replacement. I doubt I fried it but at this point anything is possible in my mind.

My Cars
    96 E36 Vert 03 E39 M5
    Have you tried using a different phone or handheld code reader?
    Have you tried your phone on a different car?
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=13792
    * E39 M5 SterlingGray -RIP 11/2018
    * E36 328 vert Schwarz - ~TurboProject underway
    * E90 335i Sedan MonocoBlau - Daily ToddlerTaxi