Hey guys I have a m44 motor out of a 97 318i, I’m swapping it into a Mercedes 190e, just cause it’s cheap and seems like it will be fun . Anyway , I have the motor sitting inside , already converted everything to make it fully work except for ecu and harness. I don’t care about gauges working I will figure that out last. My question is , I would like to convert the m44 to a obd1 , this way I can get around the ews system as it seems there isn’t a easy way to bypass ews2 from the m44 ecu . This is my only option at this point besides going standalone . It is turboed . I would like to keep this whole project cheap and save the standalone for my m3 . So obd1 seems like the way to go . My question is , besides a obd1 harness and non ews ecu , what is required to convert to obd1 . I can get all the sensors for a obd1 if needed that isn’t and issue . I just need to know if it’s relatively easy to do this conversion before I go out and source a harness, ecu, and all supporting sensors. If you have done this please let me know what is required to swap to obd1.