Thread: M Bolster Preservation

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650

M Bolster Preservation

I’m a pretty new owner, so I am probably preaching to the choir on this. Looks like a lot of M door side seat bolsters get a lot of wear and tear over time. The dealer I bought my roadster from had mine dyed for me, so it’s now like new. When I first jumped in, I stepped in with my right foot dragging the rest of my body across the bolster. To avoid this, I’ve learned to back up into the car, sit sideways in the seat, then lift my legs and rotate into driving position. Just a suggestion for those who care about bolster wear. I feel it’s worth the extra effort.

Cheers.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    I hate that: the rest of the interior looks new, while that seat looks like hell. My bolster had minor wear when I bought the car. It will be no worse when I sell the car. When I exit, I plant my left palm on the door-sill and pivot on it to avoid rubbing the seat or the back. I also slide my seat completely to the rear before exiting .... every time.

My Cars
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5
    I have sport seats, which also have significant bolsters. With 125,000+ miles I’ve just gotten used to the degraded shine and color which is noticeable, but not ugly or glaring. It’s possible to dress them up with dye and other treatments, which improve the appearance but not to a like new condition. Frankly, I don’t worry about it much. I enjoy the drive and the seat support that enhances it. It’s a car, meant to be driven, not a museum piece.

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    As I said, for those who care about it. And, our bolster damage was obvious in the ad pictures, but whoever did the dye job for the dealer made both seats like new. We cannot see any sign of previous wear. The beauty of the Z is it can be a track car, daily driver, rally car, perfect weather pleasure car or long distance tourer, even a museum piece. We plan to randomly drive our Z and keep it as close to perfect as possible. I like putzing on it to keep it looking good just as much as driving it. Personal preference.

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger56 View Post
    I enjoy the drive and the seat support that enhances it. It’s a car, meant to be driven, not a museum piece.
    After some patchwork attempts, I adopted this attitude as well.
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.