Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: What kinds of clear paint protectors can be installed?

My Cars
    2019 BMW X7

Question What kinds of clear paint protectors can be installed?

Hi All,
    Picked up a gorgeous 2019 X7 in carbon black metallic — a color that I understand is pretty difficult to keep looking great and swirl-free.

I paid a whole lot for the car, and I’m wondering what, if anything, can be installed in terms of some kind of clear vinyl or other clear wrap to help keep the paint looking great. Is there anything that can be installed, which can look just as great as the car currently does look, and which will keep it looking that way for a long time?

Thanks!

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Sure you can wrap the car. 3M, Xpel, Avery and a few other companies make vinyl for cars. Some will even heal themselves when the temperature rises above a certain point. Clear, colors, exotic color changing variants are possible. Chrome, gold, copper. If you can think it, one of those companies makes it.

You don't even have to do the whole car either. Some opt for just the front and back of the side mirrors and maybe strips forward of the rear wheel wells.
    Really, anything you want. 3M claims their product lasts 5 years. It even comes off easy and leaves very little residue - which is easily corrected also. The shops that install it will remove it as well of course.

There's a guy in my town that wrapped his entire Ferrari in chrome. Looks weird though, a little to gauche for my tastes.

I've already checked the web for car wrapping in and near Long Island Ny and you have more than a few options to check out. Good luck.

My Cars
    X5
    If budget is not a problem, go with Xpel or Suntek.