Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E39 CD Changer to AUX

My Cars
    E39

E39 CD Changer to AUX

Hello!
    Does someone know how to transform CD changer to aux input. Where you don't have to put in blank CD for it to work. Is there a way you can trick CD changer into thinking it is playing CD, because I don't have that 6 CD magazine, I have just that box where it selects discs. I have heard that you have to put in some resistors or something else for it to work, but i don't know where.
    In conclusion:
    I need help with wiring aux input in my CD changer without using any blank discs. I would like a aux input and when I select CD mode in my car I can just plug in my phone and it plays music.
    Does someone know which wires I need to cut and what I will need. I have very tight budget so the cheaper is better

I have 1998 BMW 523i with 4:3 navi, no dsp.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

You can look at a GROM interface or the Intravee 2 and Alpine KCA-420i interface which you can then play from an ipod.

You don't mention what your budget is. If it's much lower than the above, then you'll most likely not be able to get what you want, or just buy the 6 CD magazine piece to slot back into the changer you have.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Seems to me that someone over at E46Fanatics did this with the disc player in the head unit.

My Cars
    E39
    I don't want thous interfaces they are expensive, I want a simple aux input cable. I will try to explain myself in different way.
    Imagine if i don't have that 6 CD changer in my trunk but only the wires. I need to somehow connect to thous wires with my aux cable and when selecting CD mode in my head unit it is picking sound from my phone. But for this to work I think the car still needs to think that there is that 6 CD changer and it is playing a disc.