Thread: Bav auto closing??

My Cars
    99 M3 Convertible

Bav auto closing??

Saw this on their home page, anybody else hear about this ? I had no idea it was happening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    the lack of discussion on this post says it all. The car community here on this forum and out there on the road isn't the same as it used to be.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    The New England forum was never very active, but I also think people are migrating to other platforms—like Facebook.

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    The New England forum was never very active, but I also think people are migrating to other platforms—like Facebook.
    All this is true ^^.

I don't think its any relationship to 'community these days'... BavAuto I'm sure was hurt by the rise of the ECS-Borg and general modern super-efficiency low-margin web-retail. I suspect they just couldn't make the volume to get the discounts to be competitive anymore. The only thing 'community these days' is that most kiddies seem to be price-first-always and will just buy from whoever will sell the part veryverycheapest even if its like a buck and change. Huge shame about BA because for me, like many around here, they were a huge asset to have on a weekend when you suddenly needed something and could run up to the showroom. That said, FCP has had most of my business with their warranty policy and hadn't placed a BA order in over a year prob.
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)

geargrinder is offline Having No Trouble Here BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E46M3Cic E39.540iT E84X1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySixx6 View Post
    and out there on the road isn't the same as it used to be.
    That part I'll agree with a little. Road-manners and interaction does kinda blow 9 times out of 10 these days.

It used to be if you saw a cool car on the road you'd likely as not give the guy a thumbs up and maybe run together for a while.

These days seems the kiddies play too much Forza and GTA and watch too many stupid F&F movies so the only way they know how to interact with a fellow enthusiast on the road is to be aggro and try to get a (fake, as likely as not) "kill story".
    "Oh you have a possibly-cool-car also? Well then I BETTER CUT YOU OFF AND BLOCK YOU OUT and 'race' you (even if you're not actually racing)!!!" That happens way too much and def doesn't make me feel great about the hobby.

BITD on roadtrips you might form a 'caravan' with a couple stranger in nice rides, and run together for sections, and maybe actually help each other passing, instead of just competing. "Oh! Sweet car! Bro, here, let me help you get into the lane..." But there's no friendly-points in Forza I guess so doesn't even occur to kiddies to do that.

Rarely will I get a thumbs up from a kiddie, but typically it has to be a kiddie with a BMW for sure, and mostly it has to be E39-E39 thing (the E46M3 attracts just way to much "OH YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL IN YOUR M CAR EFF YOU LETS RACE YOUR CAR IS SLOW HA HA I BEAT YOU" attention, as if it was some kind of stoplight drag car...)

#oldmanrant
    2003 M3CicM6 TiAg
    2002 540iT Sport Vortech S/C 6MT LSD TiAg
    2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (the daily beater)
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i (wifemobile)

Former:

1985 MB Euro graymarket 300SL
    1995.5 Audi S6 Avant (utility/winter billetturbobattlewagen)