Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does nobody make wastegate relocation pipes?

My Cars
    86 325es
    Quote Originally Posted by armenh7 View Post
    There's also this thing I recently came across called steel brazing. Have you ever head of it?
    Yes ive done it with an oxy acetelyne torch. That’s not the answer your looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilburE36 View Post
    Yeah I know, I like to do things the hard way, lol. I also bought way more 3” aluminum piping than I needed, so this was a way to use it up, learn how to weld aluminum tubing, and practice making pie cuts.

Yes, the pies are welded together to make a 45 or 90 bend. The cool thing is they can be clocked all over the place to make a bend go up down or sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nothing wrong with pie cuts, my charge pipes are pie cut stainless, just a lot more difficult to do by hand for a beginner.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i Sedan
    So basically it sounds like the OP is looking to add an elbow off the manifold.

One side would have the appropriate two bolt wastegate flange and then do an immediate 90 down. Other end would then (ideally) have a 44/38mm V-Band.

OP is this what you need?

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    So basically it sounds like the OP is looking to add an elbow off the manifold.

One side would have the appropriate two bolt wastegate flange and then do an immediate 90 down. Other end would then (ideally) have a 44/38mm V-Band.

OP is this what you need?

Yes. I am using a TiAL F38 so it uses a 2 bolt flange on both sides.
    Here's what it looks like on the manifold https://drive.google.com/folderview?...D0SdfEW1AJ_D8Y
    I can't flip it the other way because then it'll be facing the valve cover/hood

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i Sedan
    Does the WG housing hit the frame rail in that orientation?

Otherwise it looks fine for an open dump, or you could put a slight 45 on it, then run a straight pipe to recirc into the downpipe.

What I’d suggest is this: buy some tubing, 38mm flanges and a few mandrel bends and mock it up. Then find someone to weld it all together. Could probably use a hacksaw to cut pieces or bends to your orientation, tape it up and then take it to a welder.

Check eBay, or I’ve used www.aceraceparts.com for stainless flanges, bends and the like. I believe they’re in CA.

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    Does the WG housing hit the frame rail in that orientation?

Otherwise it looks fine for an open dump, or you could put a slight 45 on it, then run a straight pipe to recirc into the downpipe.

What I’d suggest is this: buy some tubing, 38mm flanges and a few mandrel bends and mock it up. Then find someone to weld it all together. Could probably use a hacksaw to cut pieces or bends to your orientation, tape it up and then take it to a welder.

Check eBay, or I’ve used www.aceraceparts.com for stainless flanges, bends and the like. I believe they’re in CA.

I can't answer your first question since I haven't test fit it on the car yet but when I asked another turbo E46 guy he said that it did hit the body.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i Sedan

Does nobody make wastegate relocation pipes?

Like others on here have said, there’s no plug and play solution.....but you may be able to get close with a few mandrel bends/tubing and a local fab shop.

I’d love to help ya, that would literally take less than an hour to zap together, but I’m in the Chicago area.

PEI330Ci has a TON of E46 turbo threads to go through to get some ideas. Check him out

Hey look at this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F372428123719

Last edited by SilburE36; 03-10-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    Like others on here have said, there’s no plug and play solution.....but you may be able to get close with a few mandrel bends/tubing and a local fab shop.

I’d love to help ya, that would literally take less than an hour to zap together, but I’m in the Chicago area.

PEI330Ci has a TON of E46 turbo threads to go through to get some ideas. Check him out

Hey look at this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F372428123719

I've seen those all over ebay but I was trying to get an understanding of how that would place the wastegate.

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    I went ahead and bought the item from post #31. I will keep the thread updated with how it fits and if any modifications will be needed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12