Thread: No way No one here can help with oil sensor read out ?

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si

No way No one here can help with oil sensor read out ?

88 M6 Oil Sensor not reading on alert screen?

Just had a new oil sensor installed on my 1988 M6 with 60,000 miles. The mechanic cannot get it to read to the onboard a alert screen to the left of the steering wheel? Is it the sensor? Is it the wiring from the sensor to the screen? really don't want to keep having to check my oil by the dipstick because the mechanic is having trouble getting it to read out on the screen where it's supposed to read out?

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5 4.4
    I just checked my owners manual, the check panel light illuminates when the engine oil is low - supposedly below minimum, or add one quart mark on the dip stick. Unlike the new BMWs, it does not provide and actual current (after driving 5 miles) oil level, just an indication that the oil is low. If every thing is working, no lit lamp means oil is good. It is tested/checked at engine startup, or "check" button is pushed. If the lamp goes out, oil level is good, if lamp stays lit, oil is low and lamp will remain lit until adequate oil level is restored. On my previous 535is and 635 CSi, during my 100k miles on each, that warning light never illuminated except for test phase. Have not noticed it on current M6, but expect similar performance. If lamp lights while driving, shut down immediately, check oil level on dip stick, add oil, and proceed with caution. It is better to have to use the dip stick than be like my oil using e70 and not have one to check with, don't completely trust the electronic level indicators.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk