Thread: 2019 BMW 530 e x Drive -- brake squeak loud and embarrassing

My Cars
    2019 BMW 530e xDrive

2019 BMW 530 e x Drive -- brake squeak loud and embarrassing

I have just had a brand new BMW 530 e x Drive, for less than a week. My wife drives this car and hears a very loud squeaky sound when she comes to a slow stop at the traffic lights or when parking her car. She is very embarrassed, to say the least and when the wife is unhappy with a sparkling new $65,000 car, it make me really frustrated!
    Is it a function of the regenerative brakes? Or is it anything to do with the new function of this car which has a "Brake hold" next to the electronic parking brake. This prevents the car from creeping forward at a stop light.
    I have driven two previous 328 d wagon's for 4 years and never had this occur.
    Any help or advise is welcome. Needless to say the car is going back to the dealer tomorrow to sort out this issue.

My Cars
    2019 530e

Please update

Quote Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
    I have just had a brand new BMW 530 e x Drive, for less than a week. My wife drives this car and hears a very loud squeaky sound when she comes to a slow stop at the traffic lights or when parking her car. She is very embarrassed, to say the least and when the wife is unhappy with a sparkling new $65,000 car, it make me really frustrated!
    Is it a function of the regenerative brakes? Or is it anything to do with the new function of this car which has a "Brake hold" next to the electronic parking brake. This prevents the car from creeping forward at a stop light.
    Any help or advise is welcome. Needless to say the car is going back to the dealer tomorrow to sort out this issue.

Hi, I have 97 miles on my 2019 530e and the brakes started squeaking today. Would you please update when you have interacted with the dealer re: brakes? Thanks.

My Cars
    2018 BMW 530e xdrive

Break Squeak

Quote Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
    I have a 2018 530e but I don’t have a break squeak issue. This is my first G30, I’ve had three previous 5 series, two X5’s and two 3 series and many other cars over the years. All of these have squeaked on the first stop if left in the rain for a few days as the rust is worn off the rotors but they shouldn’t continue to squeak.

ill be interested to see the resolution to the problem.

My Cars
    2019 BMW 530e xDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by pezmou1 View Post
    Hi, I have 97 miles on my 2019 530e and the brakes started squeaking today. Would you please update when you have interacted with the dealer re: brakes? Thanks.
    Let me give you all an update and thanks for the response.
    The Service Manager removed the pads and chamfered before reinstalling. Said it should fix the problem. However, I drove home and the squeal was just like before.
    Today he says he is going to replace the entire break pad unit!
    He will test drive it over the weekend and I will update you on the results next week.
    I appreciate more experienced users comments. Thanks for your help.

And rculleton, its easy to make the mistake but the thread is not "Break Squeak" !!

My Cars
    2019 BMW 530e xDrive
    Let me update you again. The car has been trouble free for about a week now and no more squeaks for about 700 miles.
    The service manager said he had to discard the old brake pads, machine the rotors, and place new brake pads in the front. That seems to have fixed the problem -- hopefully for a long time?!
    If I don't post again, the problem has been fixed for good!