Thread: 2000 2.3 Value???

My Cars
    2006 X3 3.0, 2000 Z3 2.3

2000 2.3 Value???

Hi Everyone.

I am moving out of the county and will not be able to take our Z3 and so I will be selling it this spring. Value is hard item to nail down because there are several variables and so I thought I would reach out here for help.

The car is a Silver w/blue leather 2000 2.3 manual with 84k miles.

Factory items:
    Power Top
    Computer
    Cup holder & center arm rest
    Chrome line interior (matt finish)
    AC
    Fog lights
    Heated seats

We are in the Chicago area but the car has been a garage queen the entire time I have owned it and it was previously owned by a member of the Z3CCA and BMWCCA based on the sticker/badges on the car.

The good:
    Its in great shape mechanically (everything works) and aesthetically with all services up to date.
    The rear window was replaced last fall.
    The transmission was serviced last summer.
    FLCA bushing were replaced with PowerFlex poly bushings (Centered) last summer

Included items:
    HID Headlaps (Done by PO)
    Clear front corner markers (replaced the orange markers last summer)
    Bra and mirror cover.
    2 sets of magnetic fender rock guards (silver and american flag style).
    Strong Strut Tower Brace (chrome).
    Strong Strut Body Brace (http://www.strong-strut.com/Z3/Z3%20...3products.html).
    Style 32 Staggered wheels and Tires (225/245).
    Z3 Embroidered Luggage set.
    Headrest mountable garment bag (for hanging clothes behind drivers/passengers seats).
    OE tonneau cover and soft canvas tonneau cover.

The bad
    The stereo has been replaced with an aftermarket stereo. It works fine but the sound is not the best.
    The speakers in the subwoofer box have been replaced with a 5-1/4" speaker. Its not ideal but it works.
    OE shocks that need to be replaced. I was planning to do this before selling the car but have decided to let the new owner replace with their brand of choice.
    Rear tires have only one summer left before needing to be replaced.

Thanks for the help.
    Grant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grawyl; 03-03-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: wasnt ready to past yet

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Tons of variables here. Local market and buyer interest is key - search for other Z3's in your area to see what the market is like. Also check more national listings as someone further away may be willing to pay if it's the 'right' car for them. Having a blue interior may help or hurt you in this regard. Most may not want it but that special buyer may pay a premium.

Assuring a prospective buyer that the car is mechanically sound is also very important. When I was shopping for mine I looked for maintenance records, clear Car Fax, evidence that the 'big' repairs had been at least inspected or the work done. Maybe start with a review of the 'what to look for' guide and be able to address those things. Presentation is big. Look at ebay or dealer listings to see how they stage the car. Read a little on car photography and take some good quality pictures.

I bought mine cheap because the owner didn't market it very well or understand it's value in the NY Metro area. Do your homework and decide if you want a quick sell or can hold out for top dollar.
    It's not the years in your life that counts, it the life in your years...

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Looks like a great car. Check private message for some recent, real world pricing.

Here's my new ride...

20181028_0807072.jpg