Thread: 2010 X3 Crankcase Breather Hose Replacement?

My Cars
    2010 BMW X3

Question 2010 X3 Crankcase Breather Hose Replacement?

Hey all, long time lurker but I was unable to find the specific info I'm looking for mentioned before. Replaced the Valve Cover Gasket on my X3 due to some oil in the spark plug well and some oil leakage. As expected, the Crankcase Breather Hose broke off while trying to take it off the valve cover despite careful efforts (it was very brittle).

Now, new hose is here and I am trying to figure out the most expeditious way to replace it. Seems like the Intake Manifold needs to come off to get at the place that it's connected (did order new gaskets for that) and most of the tutorials for removing the Intake Manifold on the N52 engine (Pelican Parts etc) are for cars with much smaller bays, and I'm wondering if there are some abbreviated steps for the X3 since there's a lot more room in the engine bay comparatively.

I have a very car savvy friend helping me out with this repair but I want to make sure I do all my research right before we go at it in 2 days. Any tips/tricks/advice would be welcome, and if there is a way to replace the hose without removing the Intake Manifold I definitely want to hear it too!

Thanks!

My Cars
    2006 X3, 95 TSI AWD
    You can do it, I've done it with my big meathooks. The bad news is it's probably more labor but less stress just to take off the intake manifold and be done with it.