Thread: New Owner Introduction + Random Problems

My Cars
    2011 E90 325xi

New Owner Introduction + Random Problems

Hi all,

I've been a member of the bimmerforums community for quite some while now.
    My previous car was an E36 which I liked to work on. Unfortunately it was getting too old and I saw all my money disappear on it.
    Therefore I bought myself a newer car. An E90 325xi from 2011 became the one.

Of course when switching cars, you start noticing differences and mark them as strange. I'd like to list them here and would like to hear what you think about it:

1) Bluetooth does not pair. When I bought the car there was 1 iPhone paired. I removed that one and tried to pair my own, but it always fails with the same generic error message on the BMW after 2 minutes trying to pair.
    I tried an iPhone 6S, an iPhone 7 and an iPhone X (yeah the family has iPhones..) but all of them fail to pair
    2) The windshield wipers send a shockwave to the brake pedal. I mean, I can hear (and feel) a pretty obvious thud to the brake pedal when the wiper activates and when it comes back. Is this normal?
    3) At idle, the car sometimes makes a metallic noise which I think is the lifters or something..
    4) Also at idle (right after stop, like in between stopping and driving), the car tends to vibrate a little more regardless of neutral or drive.

My Cars
    2011 E90 325xi
    So I found out that the iPhone X (which is actually an iPhone XS) completely breaks the bluetooth module.
    I had a friend connect with his HUAWEI phone, and suddenly all the phones (except the iPhone XS) appeared in the list.
    I was able to stream music and everything worked, but as soon as I tried to connect the iPhone XS again, the list cleared itself.
    It still connects to my old paired phones though, so even though the list is empty it works (if anyone knows a solution please let me know).

My Cars
    X5 Z3
    Update the software?
    maybe it will help.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

hth!

My Cars
    2011 E90 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by pooka View Post
    Update the software?
    maybe it will help.

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

hth!
    Thanks for the only reply. Unfortunately I don’t have the armrest usb through which the updates can be done. I was temporarily able to connect and tried to do an update. The update failed and after that the “software update” option disappeared from the menu..