RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Car flooding

My Cars
    Bmw

Car flooding

My BMW 740i 1994 its flooding but when you put new plugs it will drive for less than a kilometer and dies,but those new plugs will be wet and black .When its like that if force to start it with quick start it will start but won't change gears

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Did this problem start after installing the new spark plugs? If so, recheck your work. Are you sure you installed the right plugs?

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Do NOT use starting fluid. It is so highly volatile that it can cause great destruction. Electrical contact cleaner, MAF cleaner, throttle body cleaner and brake cleaner are all much safer for this purpose.

Now, when you say the plugs are BLACK and wet, I have to wonder whether they're coated in oil, rather than fuel.

IF the engine is truly flooding with fuel, the most likely culprit will be a kinked fuel return line. You should carefully follow this line from the fuel rail, all the way to the fuel tank, looking for kinks. In particular, look for places under the car where the fuel line might have been squashed by incorrect placement of a jack, when lifting the car, or a rock or other road debris.

You can also "T" in a fuel pressure gauge (on the FEED side, not the return), and check pressure: should be 3.5 bar (51psi).

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=13_0385

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471