Thread: aftermarket rear axles

My Cars
    2017 F150, 97 M3

aftermarket rear axles

Can anyone recommend some aftermarket rear axles? I don't want to rebuild mine, need to get the car back together soon. Definitely don't want to pay a fortune for OEM.

My Cars
    2011 E92 m3
    here you go, nothing better than these!
    https://diffsonline.com/bmw-race-pre...l#.XHCZHPZFxPY

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Lol, guy says does not want pay OEM prices, other guy links to even more expensive DiffOnline part ... hahaha

Yes, DiffsOnline is going to be the best. But definitely not cheap. If you want cheap, get some FEQ ... will about $200 each or less depending on your source. Try rockauto.com for SuperChinese parts.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by DSTX17 View Post
    Can anyone recommend some aftermarket rear axles? I don't want to rebuild mine, need to get the car back together soon. Definitely don't want to pay a fortune for OEM.
    DO NOT!!!

I have heard nothing but horror stories about aftermarket axles. I had a friend go through 2 axles (same side) in 6 months. He's a track junkie, and asked around and everyone laughed at him - and told him all kinds of stories, some of which he recounted.

It's foolish to roll the dice on cheap NEW garbage.

You can get good junkyard axles that will last for years for $80.

I've had great luck with this used parts search engine.

https://www.autopartsearch.com/

There's a place somewhere in Georgia with a huge BMW collection where I got mine, but I can't remember the name of it.

-Josh: 1998 S54 E36 M3/4/6 with most of the easy stuff and most of the hard stuff. At least twice. 271k miles. 1994 E32 740il with nothing but some MPars. 93k miles.

My Cars
    2017 F150, 97 M3
    Ok...Today I am going to a CV shop and bringing my axles with the boot rebuild kits I purchased from ECS that come with new grease. One axle feels ok but boot is dry rotted pretty bad and I'm afraid it's going to crack open. The other CV axle the joint feels pretty dry although didn't notice anything bad when driving. With the car torn all apart I just want everything fixed before going back together.

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSTX17 View Post
    Ok...Today I am going to a CV shop and bringing my axles with the boot rebuild kits I purchased from ECS that come with new grease. One axle feels ok but boot is dry rotted pretty bad and I'm afraid it's going to crack open. The other CV axle the joint feels pretty dry although didn't notice anything bad when driving. With the car torn all apart I just want everything fixed before going back together.
    That is a great plan. Typical rebuild is like $100. If you buy a tube of redline CV2 and bring that (most shops don't stock it), they'll last a long time.
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/