Thread: EWS 2 E36 328I Vert problem

My Cars
    E36 328i Vert, E46 330CI

EWS 2 E36 328I Vert problem

Alright so check it out Im new to this forum but I have used the search tool multiple times to look at EWS problems and basically what it is but... Im still a bit confused and I just need some direction. SO basically here it is... I bought this convertible E36 328I vert from my friend who was going to the military for about 500 dollars but it had one singular problem it basically wouldn't start up. He just told me that one day it wouldn't turn on no crank, no start, no nothing. So i put my BMW specific code reader on it and it told me I had an EWS problem. Since I have absolutely no knowledge on programming and coding cars I thought i should take into the dealer and they can fix it for me. Problem is my friend tried fixing the problem and basically ripped apart the interior and now there is wires everywhere so BMW wont even look at it. SO I decided Im going to try and fix the problem myself so If you guys could give me some pointers on where to start, what parts I need to replace like the Key ring antenna or what programming software I would need to buy Id really appreciate it.

My Cars
    E36 328i Vert, E46 330CI

EWS 2 98 E36 328I Vert problem

So Ive been around these forums pretty often now and I know how to use to use the search tool pretty well but I just need a little help on this EWS problem. Basically if guys could lend me a hand to how I can fix the EWS problem on my 98 328i BMW I'd really appreciate it. I just need some direction on where to start I know its EWS because the code reader told me I just need some direction on where to start. Basically i just need help on which programs I need to be buy to be able to reprogram it or completely disable it, what parts I need to buy for example if I should first buy the Ring antenna to see if that fixes the problem and if it doesn't what else I should try to replace. I cant take the car to BMW because the person I bought it off basically stripped the interior and now they wont look at it. So if you guys could give a guy a helping hand and lead me to right direction Id really really appreciate it. If you guys need any more information about my car I'd be happy to oblige.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Just be patient, as you have less than 10 posts, your posts have to be manually approved by a moderator to show up, that is the forum spam-o-matic, after reaching 10 posts your posts will be shown immy.
    All your posts are merged here now.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    BMW 92e36 320i,
    Do you want to bypass the security and have a running car or repair it?

Here's a thread on bypassing it if that's what you are after: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...mation-thread!