RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 630i 2009 - Car hesitant to move when releasing break and then moves with a kick

My Cars
    630i

630i 2009 - Car hesitant to move when releasing break and then moves with a kick

Hi fellow bimmers,

I own a 630i convertible 2009 - automatic transmission.

I have been facing an issue for a while now and even though the car has been in and out of the authorised dealer the issue hasn't been resolved.

The issue is the following: When stopped at traffic lights and I release the brake for the car to move forward, their is a hesitation (dead moment) and then it seems like the car kicks into gear and then moves forward. Occasionally the car may even move in reverse and then the gear kicks in.

This is so annoying and so obvious that all passengers coming in my car ask me what is wrong.

I have recently changed the gear box oil, changed the sparks and the injectors but no improvement.

I sometimes also get a pic of my gear knob in the display but then disappears.

Any idea on what I must do?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    If the transmission has the valve body seals they could be worn out

My Cars
    If you are getting a warning on the dash, there will be fault codes stored. Your car can tell you what is wrong. Start there.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlos25 View Post
    Hi fellow bimmers,

I own a 630i convertible 2009 - automatic transmission.

I have been facing an issue for a while now and even though the car has been in and out of the authorised dealer the issue hasn't been resolved.

The issue is the following: When stopped at traffic lights and I release the brake for the car to move forward, their is a hesitation (dead moment) and then it seems like the car kicks into gear and then moves forward. Occasionally the car may even move in reverse and then the gear kicks in.

This is so annoying and so obvious that all passengers coming in my car ask me what is wrong.

I have recently changed the gear box oil, changed the sparks and the injectors but no improvement.

I sometimes also get a pic of my gear knob in the display but then disappears.

Any idea on what I must do?

Check the fill.
    Worse after a hard stop and taking off right away?
    Last edited by ross1; 02-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Quote Originally Posted by white94rx View Post
    if you are getting a warning on the dash, there will be fault codes stored. Your car can tell you what is wrong. Start there.
    ^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471