Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotor vibration after installing new rotors

My Cars
    2001 740i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by WBAD530i View Post
    It's definitely your caliper. I am having the same problem with my drivers front caliper. I stripped it all down to lube everything up and I broke the old brake pad with my C clamp trying to compress it. If its hard to compress at all its not going to go back in when you let off the brakes. You can crack the bleeder on that one and try to depress it then. If that doesn't work you may have trash in your brake line and you'll need to disconnect it from the the caliper to relieve the pressure. If it STILL doesn't let you compress the caliper then its likely just corroded on the inside and needs replacing/rebuild.

Either way it may still be time to flush the brake fluid entirely, but you'll need to have the appropriate software to engage the ABS pump to allow fluid to pass through those valves as well. Replace the brake lines at each caliper and the ABS pump brake lines at this time as well.

Symptoms are audible scraping noises, shaking in steering wheel, and its more pronounced after braking and taking off again.
    You know that's very interesting. One thing I forgot to mention is that the passanger front caliper that I'm having trouble with, was the only caliper that shot fluid back into the resivior making it spill over, when we pressed it. Definitely a caliper issue going on I'm sure of it. Thanks for the advice will give this a try. I just got my tax check so I have plenty of spending room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JimLev is online now Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    So its an over-the-shoulder-rotor-holder?
    LOL, yup probably a 36D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12