Hi!

Sadly I'm not a BMW owner and I can't do this on my own. I know this is a very long shot ask but I'm putting it out in case anybody is able to help.

I'm in the process of remodeling a very OLD RV and using some not conventional parts on the dashboard (using the iDrive control for my home-made infotainment system and using the gear selector switch, the entire unit, as a gear selector for my RV). I've coded the iDrive controller already to be used as a "mouse" on the infotainment system and looking to replace a very wimpy switch on my current dashboard with a much beefier (beautiful) gear selector from a BMW so I got one of this units https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/e-YAA...Ad/s-l1600.jpg and been playing with it and I have enough information to be able to switch gears on my RV (I can detect forward and backward movement on the lever) but I would LOVE to be able to turn on the backlight and be able to turn on the LEDs that let me know on which gear is actively in (P-D-R-N) if anybody out has one of this F30 cars and is able to scan this information I would be eternally grateful because I've been sending blindly codes to it (the entire range) and I can't figure out the actual parameters for the codes sent (from 0x000 to 0xFFF with parameters 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 to FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF)

ANY information will be highly appreciated!!!