Greetings and thanks in advance for some buying help please. I am looking to get a 328i convertible and was a little concerned by a consumers report rating I recently saw. I have found a very nice 1 owner 2011 with 42k miles and plan to look at it this weekend but then I saw consumers report in their 2017 auto issue mention the 2011 as a used car to avoid. So, I figured it was worth checking with the forum experts who actually have or had a 2011 and get some of their experiences with the car. Is the 2011 prone to more problems than the rest of the Series 3 or just normal? I have also heard of high maintenance costs on these cars but was wondering if its about on par with an Audi A4? We have a 2013 A4 and I have not considered it to be high maintenance so just wondering if I could expect about the same type of service pricing with a BMW. Something that needs an extended after market warranty? If the 2011 is truly the lemon of the series 3 then I will keep on looking but a 1 owner with 42k miles seems like worth a look if they were all pretty much the same reliability throughout the series.
I appreciate the help and hope to get some feedback.