Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: E39 540i Me7.2 DME Tuning shenanigans and findings

My Cars
    E39 540i E46 TI Rotrex
    maybe I can get some help here. i'll be messing around a bit in Tunerpro to turn off the air pump and rear lambda sensor.
    The car is a E39 540i Aut. 2002. M-tech sport.
    The idea is that there will be a Rotrex C38R on the car over the summer, so I'm just beginning to learn the engine management.

now to the question.

I use Tunerpro, and have downloaded my file from my own control. I found an XDF file here in the thread on the first page, and use the 5A01 Eur file. so far so good. then I read that the following must be set to 0 to delete SAP.

The items I 00'd

MLSUS cannot be found
    CWKONABG Altering from 5> 0 is required (Explanation below)
    MSLUB cannot be found
    MSLBAS cannot be found
    I can find CWKONABG who writes 236. It writes something about B_KATFZ and B_KATH and B_SLSFZ and here I get off.

Someone who can explain to me

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by m.et View Post
    maybe I can get some help here. i'll be messing around a bit in Tunerpro to turn off the air pump and rear lambda sensor.
    The car is a E39 540i Aut. 2002. M-tech sport.
    The idea is that there will be a Rotrex C38R on the car over the summer, so I'm just beginning to learn the engine management.

now to the question.

I use Tunerpro, and have downloaded my file from my own control. I found an XDF file here in the thread on the first page, and use the 5A01 Eur file. so far so good. then I read that the following must be set to 0 to delete SAP.

The items I 00'd

MLSUS cannot be found
    CWKONABG Altering from 5> 0 is required (Explanation below)
    MSLUB cannot be found
    MSLBAS cannot be found
    I can find CWKONABG who writes 236. It writes something about B_KATFZ and B_KATH and B_SLSFZ and here I get off.

Someone who can explain to me

I vaguely recall not including the 1 click SAP delete patch in the euro 5a01 xdf (it exists in the others and should be really easy to replicate) as most the items you're calling out are SAP and emissions stuff

also to note the euro 5a01 XDF has the LEAST work into it as I didnt have a test bed to work on it with (I owned a USA 5a01 car and a 6901/2 car)

There is an extensive document of the DME furnished by Bosch which I have also publicly posted in many places that can help you understand subroutines and what they balance on

_____

There has been a public release of EWS deleter software for this car and DME please refer to my posts at romraider in order to gain the knowledge and collect the tool built by a fellow forum member off the release.
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    e30
    Hey, what's the importance of running one master dme and a slave dme? Mirroring or controlling the banks separately? Can you expand?

Quote Originally Posted by atobe View Post
    I have no idea what's going on but i'm excited !
    Quote Originally Posted by zarboz View Post
    I found a cheap motor to turbo as well and play with the system constant variables for turbo

From what I can ascertain from data sheet just need bigger injector and math for the voltage / pulse time to be programmed and then the turbo switch to be flipped for basic boost

I have found the DME supports PID based boost control algorithms so that is pretty cool

also supports 3-16 cylinder setups and also supports running in a 2x DME config 1 as master 1 as slave (for more than 8 cyl)

cray stuff man!

I appreciate the post thank you much I am going to keep on pushing until there is repository of information for our cars DME
    Last edited by M III; 04-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.

My Cars
    E38

Exclamation euro2

Thank you very much for this topic, I have long been looking for a way to get into the brains of my BMW ё38. Tell me, I have been tormented for a long time and can not turn off the rear lambdas on my car. I physically disabled the sensors, the plug. In the program I tried different variations, but errors in the memory still hang. On the dashboard, the check does not light up. What else do I need to fix in order to get Euro2?

https://lavor.pro/euro2.png
    Last edited by shogun; 06-04-2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: fixed link, post as link, not as image, then it works/Mod Team

ganesht is offline (oOO)\(lll)°(lll)/(OOo) BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    98 528i 5 speed
    the SAI stuff you can turn off and on we're testing to see if it can be tricked into "forced readiness"
    so the x5 damos shows the 6 SRYxxx threshold flags at 1862, the dumps also show the same 6 bytes at 6187; I was able to find something similar in the e39 dumps but there are only 5 flags at 1951 and DEEC. However changing them doesn't seem to affect the readiness monitors.

I assume the "missing" flag on the e39 dumps would be SRYAGR, as its not described in the FS, only the other five.

Each fully completed fault check of a path, irrespective of whether ’fault’ or ’no fault’ has been detected, increments
    the ready counter cry... until the maximum value of each is reached (255) and are maintained there without overflow.
    Shouldn't the CRYxxx counts be set to 255? As well as the SRYxxx set to 0?
    Last edited by ganesht; 07-24-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Alida:
    Born: Friday, 9th January 1998
    Arktissilber Metallic on Schwarz 528i/5

Claudia:
    Born: Friday, 2nd May 2003
    Sterlinggrau Metallic on Schwarz 540i/6

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Anyone still playing with the .BIN files here?

My Cars
    1999 bmw 535i
    You seem to be the people who could answer this question, so there I go.
    I have been trying to get romRaider running for days now, just to get that logger working, tried using zarbos me 7.2 ecu file (https://github.com/zarboz/Me72-XML/blob/master/me72.xml) as ecu definition, but nothing seems to work. It doesn't even get my EcuID , just tries to connects and fails.
    I am however able to run the testO software, so the cable should be good.
    So the question is - Is it even possible to run romRaider with me 7.2?
    If not is there any simmilar free/cheap software that is able do the live monitoring like testo just more advanced? THANK YOU.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750i DG21097
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaktiv View Post
    Thank you very much for this topic, I have long been looking for a way to get into the brains of my BMW ё38. Tell me, I have been tormented for a long time and can not turn off the rear lambdas on my car. I physically disabled the sensors, the plug. In the program I tried different variations, but errors in the memory still hang. On the dashboard, the check does not light up. What else do I need to fix in order to get Euro2?

https://lavor.pro/euro2.png
    Find a Catalyst preparation version Zusb (programmed control unit) using bmwfans.info or real OEM.

Then flash with winkfp to that version. I believe this is what you need.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 750i DG21097
    I vaguely recall not including the 1 click SAP delete patch in the euro 5a01 xdf (it exists in the others and should be really easy to replicate) as most the items you're calling out are SAP and emissions stuff

also to note the euro 5a01 XDF has the LEAST work into it as I didnt have a test bed to work on it with (I owned a USA 5a01 car and a 6901/2 car)

There is an extensive document of the DME furnished by Bosch which I have also publicly posted in many places that can help you understand subroutines and what they balance on

_____

There has been a public release of EWS deleter software for this car and DME please refer to my posts at romraider in order to gain the knowledge and collect the tool built by a fellow forum member off the release.
    Is the EWS deleter tool still available? I tried looking for it and couldn't find it.

My Cars
    BMW E39 528i 1998
    Same here.
    Not sure if anyone figured out a way to disable ews on either ME5.2 or ME7.2

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Fabio is the guy who made the patching software for EWS delete, he now made more extensive software but it is no longer free.
    https://fabiosoftware.net/

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213