Thread: Saying good bye

My Cars
    2000 328i, 65 Stang

Saying good bye

Long time no talk on this forum fellows, has been a great time asking questions and getting great answers every time, also chatting and joking with many of you. The Bimmer took a major dump this past weekend and instead of sinking money into an old girl the wife bought a newish Jeep, she"s always wanted one. 235.000 miles with a major overhaul at about 100 k, and then dropped it another 3/4 inch at about 120 k, she then was like a train on rails, sweet to corner and drive even better, she's been a great ride and good girl. I believe she blew a head gasket as after a cold as heck bad start found major oil in the radiator.
    Question, whats the worth in dollars to someone that might like to repair and my idea turn into a closed course racer, or just repair, was thinking at least $500?
    Other than that, later guys, and those that do remember me the Red Head is still going strong, can't kill good old American muscle.
    Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket!

My Cars
    01 E46 330i 5sp man spor
    Did it overheat recently? Does the car have an automatic transmission? Auto cars have a transmission fluid cooler that is a possible leak source. It's a direct connection between coolant and ATF. Rough start when cold could be from starting the car, moving it, then shutting it off right away in the cold. That will cause at least partially flooded engine when restarted next time and you will likely have misfiring initially. Common issue where it gets cold. If it's a manual car, there is only one place for coolant to mix with oil, the engine. If you are still in Louisiana, your car is probably rust free. A rust free body would be desirable for somebody looking for a project/race car up north where all the cheap e46's are rusted. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 328i, 65 Stang
    Interesting Randy never knew that, yes it is an automatic, the cold rough start has been going on for a while as there were many issues with the car the past months, I had done a few repairs to different areas but basically did not want to invest a lot of money as it was probably going to have needed a $1000 in parts to get it right again. Florida and Louisiana car but had one winter in Lexington KY. with some snow and little salt ever used on roads. Any ideas as to value?
    Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket!