Thread: Front bumper

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840i

Front bumper

Hi Guys

My stock e31 840ci has the normal, non sport front bumper / spoiler, which I think ends up quite high over the road.

I am looking for a sportier looks and have seen other bumpers around which are quite nice, go lower and have a simple design , I think it's the sports one? Also heard of a CSI version, hartge, etc.

Not sure how easy it is to get hold of them. Is there a place that shows the various types and would you guys recommend any in particular in terms of availability and cost?

Thanks !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 840ci
    Take a look here: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...y-kits-E31-850

I have a complete rieger infinity kit that I was supposed to put on the car this winter. Now on closer inspection It seems like in order to fit the front section I must remove the airboxes and some more. I'm going to keep it stock.
    Last edited by davidof; 02-11-2019 at 08:46 AM.

My Cars
    E31, E36/7, E61
    The lower spoiler you are talking about is the CSI or SPORT version, the same part.
    It will fit to the standard upper nose.
    There are a few other parts you will require, but the main part is number 1 in the picture. These are still available from BMW, I had a new one a couple of years ago for sub £500, not got the exact price with me now.
    Some of the other parts are NLA, so you will have to do some breaker surfing, like the infills, part number 6 in the drawing.
    There is also a deflector that pipes the air up to the radiator, not shown on this drawing. It's not essential and may people don't bother, but without it you can see straight through the massive hole above the spoiler.
    You will probably be looking at at least ££££ a bag of sand by the time your done, don't forget painting.

diag_553.png

My Cars
    1994 BMW 840i
    Quote Originally Posted by e31gixxxer View Post
    The lower spoiler you are talking about is the CSI or SPORT version, the same part.
    It will fit to the standard upper nose.
    There are a few other parts you will require, but the main part is number 1 in the picture. These are still available from BMW, I had a new one a couple of years ago for sub £500, not got the exact price with me now.
    Some of the other parts are NLA, so you will have to do some breaker surfing, like the infills, part number 6 in the drawing.
    There is also a deflector that pipes the air up to the radiator, not shown on this drawing. It's not essential and may people don't bother, but without it you can see straight through the massive hole above the spoiler.
    You will probably be looking at at least ££££ a bag of sand by the time your done, don't forget painting.

diag_553.png
    Thanks lots sounds like s lot of hassle :-(

My Cars
    E31, E36/7, E61
    ^ Doable, but probably not by this weekend.