Thread: RHD Individual Throttle Bodies Install on S52

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 1983 320i

RHD Individual Throttle Bodies Install on S52

For those interested in this I've just posted some info on my experience installing in my S52 M Coupe.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...my-S52-M-Coupe

My Cars
    1998 Techno M3 Coupe
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting project. I've heard of this conversion but I think the first I've seen executed. Looks cool.
    Not everyone's thing but I like that someone went this route. Good luck!

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by blindrooster View Post
    For those interested in this I've just posted some info on my experience installing in my S52 M Coupe.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...my-S52-M-Coupe
    I replied in the other thread, too, but thanks for posting here - this is where I found it.

The only other person I've seen do this was competing in NASA time trial and wasn't especially effusive about it for competitive reasons.

I've read through the RHD instal instructions, and your experience adds a little more color to what that's like.

I'm somewhat like you - I know there are lots of better ways to make power, but I want an NA BMW with my S52 engine in it. Not into turbos, don't want this car to be an LS swap (though maybe a different e36 someday).

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what this makes as you continue tuning and working on it. And equally interested in how it runs in the long-term.

How long did the install take?

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 1983 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by blckstrm View Post
    I replied in the other thread, too, but thanks for posting here - this is where I found it.

The only other person I've seen do this was competing in NASA time trial and wasn't especially effusive about it for competitive reasons.

I've read through the RHD instal instructions, and your experience adds a little more color to what that's like.

I'm somewhat like you - I know there are lots of better ways to make power, but I want an NA BMW with my S52 engine in it. Not into turbos, don't want this car to be an LS swap (though maybe a different e36 someday).

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what this makes as you continue tuning and working on it. And equally interested in how it runs in the long-term.

How long did the install take?
    Thanks yeah, I wanted to stay NA and have something cool so here we are.

Install took place over the course of 6 months of piecing things together, but it was probably only worked on for maybe 20-30 hours. If I had to do it again I'd say it was a 10 hour job maybe a lot shorter if you had all the parts and fittings and lines, etc etc.

My Cars
    S54 E36 M3, E32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by blindrooster View Post
    Thanks yeah, I wanted to stay NA and have something cool so here we are.

Install took place over the course of 6 months of piecing things together, but it was probably only worked on for maybe 20-30 hours. If I had to do it again I'd say it was a 10 hour job maybe a lot shorter if you had all the parts and fittings and lines, etc etc.
    Did you already have an M50 intake? I wonder if that would make the vacuum plumbing better or worse?

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, 1983 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by blckstrm View Post
    Did you already have an M50 intake? I wonder if that would make the vacuum plumbing better or worse?
    I did not have the m50 manifold. Started off with a stock motor, no bolt ons.