Thread: E23 Not Getting Power in Rear Windows?

My Cars
    1983 BMW 733i

E23 Not Getting Power in Rear Windows?

Hey, everybody right now I'm working on my rear windows. I replaced the window motors and window switches in the center console. I used a multimeter and I'm getting 12 volts at the window switch location at the center console when the ignition is on but, no power to the rear windows. I dont hear the motor spinning or anything.

My front windows are all working fine and go up and down like they should.

I do have a window safety switch button located near the emergency brake handle and window switches. I pressed and depressed the safety switch while the ignition was on and still nothing. If the safety switch is bad will it still get power to the rear windows or do I need to replace it?

Pic of Window Safety Switch Button:

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    5, 7, 4x4
    That is the rear window lock out switch and if when pushed in if it does not have continuity it needs replacement. It turns off the rear windows. It may even have continuity but not pass enough current to allow the windows to work. If you connect the two leads to this switch together and the rear windows still don't work it is something else.

I had a rear window not work because a front switch was bad. This was only with one window so I don't think this is the issue.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 733i
    Quote Originally Posted by 8991XJ View Post
    That is the rear window lock out switch and if when pushed in if it does not have continuity it needs replacement. It turns off the rear windows. It may even have continuity but not pass enough current to allow the windows to work. If you connect the two leads to this switch together and the rear windows still don't work it is something else.

I had a rear window not work because a front switch was bad. This was only with one window so I don't think this is the issue.
    Ok, thanks for your help. I'm going to continue doing some more trouble shooting and I'm gonna connect those 2 leads together to see what happens. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk