Thread: Heartbroken-PLEASE HELP!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540iA Sedan

Heartbroken-PLEASE HELP!

I was given a 2000 540iA that had been sitting for about 6 months. I was told that it was parked because of the fuel pump going out on it. Well fuel pump was changed and power showed to be going to it but the problem I believe at this point is with the EWS-DME rolling codes being unsyncronized. I went ahead and ordered from Bcables/BMcables their BMW USB OBD K + DCAN DIAGNOSTIC CABLE GT1 EDIABAS INPA DIS SSS NCS EXPERT CODING along with 2 discs that have the following software:

INPA v5.0.6, Ediabas v7.3.0, DIS, SSS Progman v32, NCS Expert v4.0.1, WinKFP v5.3.1, Toolset32 v4.0.3, TIS (Latest version), Navcoder (Trial)

I also went ahead and purchased the 20 pin adapter too. The special function they claim to be included with thie cable though is that it is supposed to have a 1-click automated installation. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

I was so excited for this package to come. I just knew that it was going to fix everything and I would have a really nice car that didn't cost me hardly anything to fix. Two weeks later after trying to get the software to connect correctly with the cable, endless hours of researching the forums, making many suggested changes to drivers,etc, updating software that I dont know is compatible with the others I am now left in tears. Posting my question on this forum is my last attempt at trying to figure out the steps needed to perform the EWS- DME alignment using the software Ive received.

Note: I was able to get into INPA at one point to read the ISN and got the message ERROR_ECU_REJECTED.

1. Can somebody please tell me what that means? Do I need to stop right there because my DME is no good?

2. I also was able to get to EWS-DME synchronization screen and when I chose the option (F1) EWS start value transferred I was given the message 'DME was ready for reception start value' and option (F2) Reset EWS start value I received message 'a starting value is already stored in the DME'. These might be vice versa too. Either way I dont know what the messages were telling me so I moved on to other sections for information.

3. On the EWS module when I was reading memory errors I got following errors which would be nice to know where clarification as to what the issue is and what to do to fix them.

A. Power on reset. (0x000F 3F)
    B . (0x000000 22)
    C. Tolerance increases with key number. (0x00003 01)
    D. Key invalid because of incorrect password. (0x0011 19)
    E. invalid due to incorrect identification. (0x0010 3F)
    F. DME change code XOR error (0x000E FF)
    G. .Tolerance increases with key number. (0x001306)
    H. invalid due to incorrect change code. (0x001226)

4. One last question (at the moment anyway) I was told that in order for there to be any other errors that can be read from the car the synchronization would need to be completed successfully so the car would start. They said because with the car sitting without battery for approximately 6 months the computer gets cleared. Is this all true?:

My Cars
    1991 BMW 750il.
    Duplicate thread. Problem was solved.
    Last edited by Narly9999; 02-11-2019 at 04:26 AM.