Just thought I would share what I found on my Z3 tonite.

My airbox had broken plastic in the area that the holds the clips which clip to the MAF. I had cobbled together a fix with some JB weld and a wire that got me by for a while but I couldn’t stand looking at the jankity-ass fix every time opening the hood.

So I found a used airbox on the classifieds (thanks ZFree!) and installed last weekend. It worked OK but i still didn’t like the fit to the MAF, it seemed loose and even with unbroken plastic, the clips didn’t pull it in very tight. I had to order some other misc small parts so I ordered a new o-ring, the used one had a pretty good flat spot and so did my old one.

I got the new o-ring today and installed it, and I had a hell of a time getting the MAF to go into the airbox! It was really snug, I ended up taking the hose clamp and hose off the other side of the MAF, removed both the airbox and MAF so that I could handle them and get them lined up and sort of twist and push the MAF into the airbox.

The clips now hold it snug and straight. I shudder to think how much unfiltered air has gotten into the engine over the years! If your MAF seems loose, this $5 fix will take care of it!