Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: M5/540i MSport front bumper cover replacement.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaclaus4 View Post
    What would be the best Scotch to go with that? I prefer an Islay but it might clash with the ABS porkchops.
    No no no, not scotch, but beer and Mescal with the ABS porkchops.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530I
    What would be the best Scotch to go with that? I prefer an Islay but it might clash with the ABS porkchops.
    Id look body shops around show them pics and see if they can restore it. From the photos it only looks bad on one side and definitely worth the try
    Quote Originally Posted by cpf9 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment slowthirtynine! This is the link for the rear bumper on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Style-Rea...kAAOSwqu9VLtUc

Kouks: I don't see why it wouldn't take the front lip. As for the tips, all part of the muffler, the 14815 model: https://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-Exh...r=8-1-fkmrnull
    Just ordered the bumper last night, will be arriving this friday, I didnt purchase the muffler(yet) because I wanna know how bad the drone will be. My setup will be cutting off only the middle resonator and leaving the other intact and of course just piped straight out to the bumper. If the drone is bad then muffler will come on.

Everything should be up by monday long as my paint shop takes care of it on friday..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '03 530i/5 Sport
    I gave in ... and added the trunk lip spoiler as well! I dig it. No regrets. I also put the new foam support in above the rebar and that took care of the waviness.

Other things on the horizon soon include a CDV delete and a window tint (on the lighter side, to keep it classy and in keeping with the "OEM plus" look I like).

Also, I was thinking about debadging, i.e. removing the 530i emblem. Thoughts?

IMG_5489 (1).jpg

My Cars
    1995 525i/5
    I gave in ... and added the trunk lip spoiler as well! I dig it. No regrets. I also put the new foam support in above the rebar and that took care of the waviness.

Other things on the horizon soon include a CDV delete and a window tint (on the lighter side, to keep it classy and in keeping with the "OEM plus" look I like).

IMG_5489 (1).jpg
    Looks much better with the new bumper foam, glad that fixed the waviness! Be careful with debadging though— with the M-Sport bumpers and trunk spoiler people might think you have a 540i and will try to race you, haha.
    1995 525i 5-speed - Thread

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530I

IMG_5489 (1).jpg
    Looks awesome man! Yeah I'd debadge it. Some will try to race you some will think twice and back off thinking of could be a boosted 540i sitting on 300+HP lol.

Anyway My rear bumper will be picked up later install later late afternoon or next week if i not today. Resonator delete is canceled.

My Cars
    '03 530i/5 Sport
    Ha! Thanks for the compliments all. Slowthirtynine: I hope your rear bumper install goes well and look forward to seeing pics.

Yeah I am leaning toward debadging. Not because I want people to think I have something that I don't (though that may happen!), but because I like the clean, "Euro" look of a model designation delete.

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    I got the 2nd replacement bumper cover Saturday. I haven't openened the box yet because I've been too busy fixing my daughters car and working on my project 540. I'll keep you guys posted on how the replacement fits compared to the first replacement.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

The law does NOT determine "right" from "wrong". They are unrelated.

If you put cheap parts on your car, you will soon have a cheap parts car.

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    I de-badged my 1st E39 (523i, so you would, wouldn't you )

Kept badges on this time though. I've always liked the font used for BMW badges, so leaving it be this time around.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530I
    Alright sorry it took while to get updates on my install, anyways first install was bad, I couldnt figure out why the splitter wont stay seated to bumper and it took me 4 days to figure that out since I was busy with work. Anyway what I had to do was just hit the damn splitter up to get it hooked up on the bumper. The screw installation was fine and all. Then after that I had to trim the splitter because it was getting cooked by the exhaust lol. Then finally after all this I couldnt secure all the fender line with its screws, the wheel arch doesnt line up and Im thinking of cutting a bit of that metal and make it shorter so the bumper would line up. Just wondering now if there is any consenquences from doing that..and also why it took so long...well theres a suprise coming about 10 days from now..feel free to take a guess

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Hey if you're having trouble with the fender liners in the back wheel arches, you need to make sure the top of it clears the strut mount. Otherwise you won't be able to get them to sit high enough for the screw holes to line up.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530I
    I got the 2nd replacement bumper cover Saturday. I haven't openened the box yet because I've been too busy fixing my daughters car and working on my project 540. I'll keep you guys posted on how the replacement fits compared to the first replacement.
    Hey whats up? Its been awhile, whats the update on the 2nd replacement bumper?

This is a bit off topic but I wanna share a little news.
    Picked this up 15' DCT 46k miles with 5yr extended warranty to 125k miles. Now thinking about selling the e39 or trading it for 4x4 midsize truck or suv..

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    Quote Originally Posted by slowthirtynine View Post
    Hey whats up? Its been awhile, whats the update on the 2nd replacement bumper?
    It's still in the shipping box on my floor along with all the other parts I've recently received that I haven't opened yet. I've gotten a little busy and it's been raining so I haven't done much work on my cars lately. My daughters Heater core took up some of my free "good weather" time.
    20190522_175037.jpg
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    Ok, finally installed the second bumper cover on my car. It fits the same as the first replacement. It's a little off in the corners near the fender.
    I cut the headlight washer holes myself and they are much better than the holes that came pre-cut in the first cover.
    The paint on this second cover is horrible!!! You can see primer and orange peel in the pictures.
    Since I let it sit on my floor for 4 months before opening and installing it I don't think there is much I can do about it.
    20190825_164821.jpg20190825_164827.jpg20190825_164833.jpg20190825_164841.jpg20190825_174614.jpg

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Christ, that orange peel.

My Cars
    '03 530i/5 Sport
    Quick update on my car: I was very happy with the fit and finish of the ebay-sourced, Taiwanese aftermarket rear bumper I installed. But about a month ago, a tech at a local shop reversed the car into a post while backing it out of the bay.

It was low-speed collision with no structural damage, but it left a pretty nasty gouge in the bumper.

The shop owner was super apologetic, and insisted on replacing the rear bumper with an OEM unit, even though I told him it was aftermarket. So now have an OEM M-Sport rear bumper! Latvian-sourced front bumper still doing fine.

My Cars
    E36M3/4 E39T&E61 E39M5
    I like the ///M-Technic look, but I like my Vin# matching factory bumper look better. Just the way it came. Guess i'm just getting old...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456