I'm working on my '01 325Ci (trying to figure out why the trunk is stuck in valet mode - yes I've checked the elephant trunk ) and yesterday I went back to check the fuses involved in the central locking system; 49, 52, 58, 60. I noticed there was no fuse in slot 58 so I got the right one and inserted it and all of a sudden the cars alarm started going off and then I heard this, over and over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPU1cPik1uw

I started the car and the noise stopped. Central locking no longer works. When I went back out today and started the car, the alarm started and then stopped in under 1 second. Car runs fine, however, I'm now back to an issue I had this summer where the windows don't work and nor the windshield wipers. When this last happened, it turned out to be the GM 5. I swapped in another GM 5 which remedied part of the problem, but, since it did not come from a convertible, it wasn't a perfect 1:1 match. I swapped my original one back in and everything worked ...so I drove it. It has been working fine (other than the valet mode/trunk issue) but wondering if I somehow re-instigated the GM 5 issue.

Anyhow, curious if anyone has heard this "clucking" sound before. Thanks.

Jay