Thread: Re: Muscam's Free to Good Home E24 Parts

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70

Re: Muscam's Free to Good Home E24 Parts

I wanted to give a shout out to Muscam for his unselfish act of generosity to his fellow board members. I too have gotten so much from this board and believe I have some parts with which I can offer the same thing. And, must note, as has always been the case, such a special group of enthusiasts on this forum whose maturity, respect and mutual admiration puts E24 owners in such a special class of BMW "guys". I'm in a New England FB group of BMW enthusiasts and the trashy/punky and in many cases cluelessness of what I presume are mostly young owners is really just so disappointing. It's 4:30 a.m. and not ready to get up out of my warm cozy chair in front of the fireplace to go inventory what I am happy to pass on (or part with for a song) that is out in my barely heated garage (at least its not 7 degrees out there) but promise to return with a similar list. And, as to a/the where have I been, simply not as much of an enthusiast as I once was. Restoring and dealing with problem after problem with the E31 that I bought from Nate Arnold ultimately broke my spirit as did the second E39 that I used as my dd for the past two and a half years. We are now only a two BMW household and while the E24 M6 is clearly the epitome of BMW quality and class of BMW (and what BMW once was), my time and interest isn't nearly what it used to be. Is a sale on the horizon? It's something I have contemplated - but usually a 20 minute ride in the good weather months brings me back to my senses - for a month or two anyhow.

Cheers. Hope all my friends are well and that this post might stoke what its original purpose was before the java really kicked in - inspire others to get some of their unneeded inventory off to others in need.

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    I've acquired parts in the 18 years I've been driving a 6. There is an external cosmetic part I've been trying to find for years now. I need the front bumper ends for the '87 and back. Also been called the bellows. It's the front rubber bumper ends with the orange reflector. Too bad I don't have the '88-'89 world bumper setup. Those really held up.

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    The problem with mine is all the bolts/screws have rusted away. I have had to secure them at the top corners, the side's and the bottom. They're fixed in place, but just don't look as good as they should. A friend at SESF had a new in the bag that set him back $250 a piece. Mentioned one of them was the last in inventory.

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    JB, dont you dare. Need I drive to the second most corrupt state in New England to straighten out your thoughts? PM me if therapy is required. Dealing with an 8 series can change anybody but some good BMW therapy will bring you back.
    Rob E3

My Cars
    '88 M6, '14 X3 '06 911
    Thanks jeffcfp1 for the call out I've seengive-aways before on this board and thought it was the right thing to do. Thisboard's generosity goes much further than free items. To me theinformation and willingness to help a fellow e-24 owner with aproblem is much more valuable! Heck – just look at the 2000+ posts from youalone!

I agree that we are a different breed of BMW owners/enthusiasts. Recently I wasstopped at a red light in my M6 and in the next lane was a brand new M6driven by a 30 some year-old guy. He casually glanced over at my M6 but didn't evengive it a second look. It was a shame that he didn't realize that he waslooking at his car's "grandfather”!

-Marc

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70
    Rob, thanks for the great laugh!!! You are right on most everything, 'cept nothing compares to our #1 status, or our roads. I get a Road Force balance after every one of the 20 minute drives!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Marc! And, similar story - when I was driving the M6 home from when purchased or from one of the "fests through NYC area, young hotshot in his M6 next to me in stop and go traffic. He had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

My greatest level of pride was rebuilding the AC system and then dissecting the "Voltage" Regulator to determine that the problem everyone has had wasn't the front expansion valve but the seized piston inside the valve (right front fender) that has a blow off tube that indirectly regulates the front TXP valve. Clean the piston, keep running R-12, get 40 degree air front and rear.

My Cars
    E24 M6, E39, F70

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcfp1 View Post
    Rob, thanks for the great laugh!!! You are right on most everything, 'cept nothing compares to our #1 status, or our roads. I get a Road Force balance after every one of the 20 minute drives!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Marc! And, similar story - when I was driving the M6 home from when purchased or from one of the "fests" through NYC area, young hotshot in his M6 next to me in stop and go traffic. He had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

My greatest level of pride was rebuilding the AC system and then dissecting the "Voltage" Regulator to determine that the problem everyone has had wasn't the front expansion valve but the seized piston inside the valve (right front fender) that has a blow off tube that indirectly regulates the front TXP valve. Clean the piston, keep running R-12, get 40 degree air front and rear.
    I'll have to check further but 1988 front bumper, just the aluminum portion, brand new aluminum evaporator, black hinge covers for sport seats. I'd like a token $35 for the new evaporator. Challenge is shipping the bumper but could easily get to Jody or Rob if either are going to Sharkfest if I were not to go.

Have E34 pedal set for a slush to manual conversion. free.
    Last edited by jeffcfp1; 02-04-2019 at 07:33 AM.