Thread: INPA and NCSExpert and x5 e70 handbrake actuator replacement

My Cars
    2007 x5 4.8is

INPA and NCSExpert and x5 e70 handbrake actuator replacement

Hi people,

For 1 week now i have been researching and trying to get the handbrake actuator working on my e70 x5, I finally got a brand new bmw actuator on there after a year of yellow warning sign and having no parking brake, my garage fitted it but my garage could not code it and I am still getting yellow warning lights on unit.

I downloaded INPA 5.06 and using ncsexpert 4.01, using a K-DCAN cable connected to my vehicle, i thought that I should find error codes and reset but I am able to read error codes from everything other than the new handbrake where it gives me a IFH-0009 error saying - no response from control unit. Its on com1, latency 1ms etc and I can read automatic gearbox etc fine.

Next I thought I ought to use Ncsexpert to 'code' the part(?) I followed a youtube tutorial and get an 'error in CABD' error message. I have tried resetting the handbrake by pressing the button and foot pedal and still not seeing it.

If anyone has done this or knows what I have done wrong or can help in any way pls pls pls let me know. Thanks kindly

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Did you check that your handbrake module actually powers up? Maybe original problem was a wiring/fuse issue?
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2007 x5 4.8is
    Hi Thanks for response, original module was powering up fine, when it failed the brake was on and it was on a hill, heard a screaching noise then got the error. I opened it up recently once it was removed and think I identified the mechanical issue, and the replacement module is brand new. Have checked fuses and removed multiple times they all seem fine.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkams1 View Post
    Hi Thanks for response, original module was powering up fine, when it failed the brake was on and it was on a hill, heard a screaching noise then got the error. I opened it up recently once it was removed and think I identified the mechanical issue, and the replacement module is brand new. Have checked fuses and removed multiple times they all seem fine.

Hi were you ever able to get this fixed?